Quantcast

Is this fork any good?

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Do some research and read a lot of reviews.
The judy xc is a standard, run-of-the-mill XC fork. It is not, I repeat NOT a downhill fork. I've seen people complain about the fork blowing out or other junk like that, but then come to find out they're tryin' to take 5+ foot drops...it's not meant for that!

You really have to assess what kind of riding you're going to be doing. Standard XC, non-racing, the Judy XC is fine. Not much to it, maintenance is pretty standard.

If you plan on pretty light rides (no major drops, more of just trails with bumps) then this fork would actually be too much.

But like I said, I think you should just do a LOT of reading about forks to get an idea of what they're intended to do/handle.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
It's a decent fork to start with.........I have done a lot of research on forks and the Judy comes up a lot.........

A good solid performer............but a shock that.....if you ride a lot you will outgrow.............

RockShox are good, and a good one to start with if you don't want to shell out a lot of clams at first!!!

Just my opinion, hope it helps!!!!

:)

I've got the 2000 Judy XC and it's great.I'm not a light rider (weight or style) and the fork works well.All I've done to mine is change the oil for a heavier weight and alter the travel settings to 4".For the money you really can't complain.I'd give it 8/10.:D

Scotty

Chimp
Jul 9, 2001
Delaware
I'm not racing or doing any extreme downhill but where I ride can get pretty technical. There are alot of roots and rocks but the Judy is doing just fine. I bought it for $200 and it is alot better than what came on my bike. So far it is holding up great. Thanks for the info.