Quantcast

Is this how Wedsdaily threads start?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I've never begun the day's derpage, but since I rode in today, I guess I can.

Riding in is great, esp because my house fronts the trail and my new work site is just a half mile off it...but carrying clothes and shoes and lunch and class materials and coffee is a royal pain...

Liked my new $18 Amazon Chinese overlord lights tho.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, tracking says I should be receiving StiHacka's Canfield and assorted goodies in the brown santavan today!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I shall have plenty of time for all sorts of local mischief in the next two weeks. Gonna be monitoring the weather situation today and may ride a little.

Anyone wants to buy my pristine 8 string Iron Label Ibanez? I may need room for another 7 string as my appendages are not big enough to handle the larger girth of the 8 well. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Errands and stuff, just trying to tick a few things off of the pre-job to-do list so I can get out in the woods next week.

Coffee = poop juice. Not a huge fan of the taste, but it sure does leave me feeling empty and lithe.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hello all. It is cold outside, yet through the magic of combusting natural gas it is toasty in here.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So I am reading this book from my favorite author, Kurt V. I am now convinced that he was in fact in contact with Tralfamadorians because his description or our society, what might have been perceived as an over-the-top caricature 35 years ago, is so incredibly spot on and touching that I have to fight this overwhelming sadness on every other page.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my daughter has started having nightmares. i noped the hell out of my alarm clock this morning and got in an hour late. my boss is traveling so no fucks given.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Finally have some stuff to do, to bad I really don't feel like doing it. I will eventually, I am sure. What he gave me isn't fully baked, but it is enough to get started.

I really hope to hear good news about yesterday. They do require a pee test, so I got that going for me if I get an offer. I will need to study for that one.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
LBS hosted a screening of Blood Road at the theater 2 minutes from my house, Rebecca Rucsh was there, they didn't advertise it or post anything about it on social media prior to the screening so I was not there. Only found out about it this morning, bummer for sure.

Also cold as tits this morning, I didn't pay Ca house prices, and Ca property taxes to deal with 31° mornings. FTS!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
LBS hosted a screening of Blood Road at the theater 2 minutes from my house, Rebecca Rucsh was there, they didn't advertise it or post anything about it on social media prior to the screening so I was not there. Only found out about it this morning, bummer for sure.

Also cold as tits this morning, I didn't pay Ca house prices, and Ca property taxes to deal with 31° mornings. FTS!
that's a bummer for sure. Last summer my LBS hosted a screening of Return to Earth at the theater down the street from me. They promoted the hell out of it and had product giveaways, free beer from a local brewery, and an after party.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And took me less than an hour to finish. I will take the day to celebrate my efforts and hope he gets the idea that this is really pretty easy to do. :drag:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
that's a bummer for sure. Last summer my LBS hosted a screening of Return to Earth at the theater down the street from me. They promoted the hell out of it and had product giveaways, free beer from a local brewery, and an after party.
I assume/hope they sold the place out to their shop regulars and it wasn't worth advertising to heathens like me who go in once every 9 months. Still, would have liked to see it on the big screen and meet Rusch, not enough to ever consider becoming a "shop regular", but still...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I assume/hope they sold the place out to their shop regulars and it wasn't worth advertising to heathens like me who go in once every 9 months. Still, would have liked to see it on the big screen and meet Rusch, not enough to ever consider becoming a "shop regular", but still...
i wouldn't consider myself a shop regular, but when i need something from a shop this the the one i go to. they are rider owned and have a well equipped and trained group of mechanics. only shop in the area that had a seal press for a fox 40. i really only go to shops for the work i can't justify purchasing the tools myself (bushing presses, facing / chasing tools, etc)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i wouldn't consider myself a shop regular, but when i need something from a shop this the the one i go to. they are rider owned and have a well equipped and trained group of mechanics. only shop in the area that had a seal press for a fox 40. i really only go to shops for the work i can't justify purchasing the tools myself (bushing presses, facing / chasing tools, etc)
this reminded me, i needed the seals pressed in to my 40 lowers on a saturday afternoon in the summer so i could ride DH the following day. they squeezed it in the schedule, and as a thank you i delivered a 6er of some tasty IPA in a brown paper bag when i picked the lowers up.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Watching my fat fucking coworker shove tortilla chips down his food hole as fast as possible is repulsive. He puts one in his garbage chute with one hand while grabbing another one with the other hand.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
this reminded me, i needed the seals pressed in to my 40 lowers on a saturday afternoon in the summer so i could ride DH the following day. they squeezed it in the schedule, and as a thank you i delivered a 6er of some tasty IPA in a brown paper bag when i picked the lowers up.
Never even heard of an LBS around here that would touch a fork rebuild or press a seal. The one that hosted the screening is better than most, they pulled the Sram BB out of my Egg while I waited, and bought a few odds and ends, but they won't special order parts out of BTI or QBP, can't help with anything not Sram or Shimano. They take care of people who buy bikes there very well, but aren't too interested in anybody else, most of their shop rides seem to be for for bike customers only, . It's too bad really, they have a coffee shop attached, a brewery across the street, another bike themed brewery opening down the street, great trails and road riding within a couple blocks, and we have the potential for a really killer local scene, but no good shop willing to be the meeting point to sorta pull it all together.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Never even heard of an LBS around here that would touch a fork rebuild or press a seal. The one that hosted the screening is better than most, they pulled the Sram BB out of my Egg while I waited, and bought a few odds and ends, but they won't special order parts out of BTI or QBP, can't help with anything not Sram or Shimano. They take care of people who buy bikes there very well, but aren't too interested in anybody else, most of their shop rides seem to be for for bike customers only, . It's too bad really, they have a coffee shop attached, a brewery across the street, another bike themed brewery opening down the street, great trails and road riding within a couple blocks, and we have the potential for a really killer local scene, but no good shop willing to be the meeting point to sorta pull it all together.
yea, i'm def fortunate to have a shop this good locally. i've run into the owner on trail rides before. when i had my lowers in for seal pressing he told me he wants to have his shop as well equipped as possible so he never has to turn anyone away because they can't work on something, hence he's accumulated quite a collection of various presses etc. if he doesn't have a tool like that he'll buy it. i don't think they service suspension in house, but that's understandable.