Quantcast

Is this how Wedsdaily threads start?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi frens

I am sadly under bike-shopped out this way too. The closest one SUCKS DICK like not in the good way- the "fully priced ultegra clipless pedals from 1992" way, and the "we only carry trek" way. Then you jump up to the "$5000 is not enough to spend on a road bike" shop. I just discovered one down the road which may be promising...we'll see. They had some good shit but we'll see if they can bleed a brake or whatever dumb shit I'll need down the line. At least I don't have to visit hweel hworks anymore!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
funny - we have a ton of shops around here, of varying skill and expertise, but definitely a number of good ones that i'd trust to wrench on my bike if needed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I don't go to a bike shop, I have this thing call interwebz instead. :nerd:

Rode a little today. Shit's wet and the winter permafrost has unfreezed already. The massive rain storm in the next 48 hours won't make things any better. This winter sucks, but I have good beer so all is well.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I just saw an update that said tomorrow so do not get your hopes too high!
Doubtful I will get to building it soon anyhow, given my duties with work and caregiving and family...plus I have some spokes and supplies that aren't even inbound yet which I'll need para hacer les coches. (working this Spanish into mi vida...)

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Doubtful I will get to building it soon anyhow, given my duties with work and caregiving and family...plus I have some spokes and supplies that aren't even inbound yet which I'll need para hacer les coches. (working this Spanish into mi vida...)
My google asks me to correct the search phrase to para hacer los coches. :busted:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It does. My problem is I speak half-decent French, and I haven't yet gotten it out of my cabeza.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The first Vonnegut I read was Cat's Cradle, and for me, nothing else he did came close. I like/love a lot of it, but that one just stands above all.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The first Vonnegut I read was Cat's Cradle, and for me, nothing else he did came close. I like/love a lot of it, but that one just stands above all.
I still cry like a baby when I read The Sirens of Titan. I should not have read the book at age 11, it turned me into an old man early.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have it on good authority that a monkey or a monkey-spouse similarly enjoys some butter in their coffee... I will not unmask them out of decorum.

:D
I don't drink coffee is all I'm saying.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got my mt Bike back from the shop. Front brake problem was a combination of crap. Stuck piston, bad o ring, needed new pads too. They checked the bike over. Chain was badly worn replaced that. Tuned everything up. Hell it rides, shifts, and brakes better than when I bought it. They noticed a broken strand on the shifter cable inside the rear cage. something I need to keep and eye on. Well spent $80 for parts and labor IMHO

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Livermore Cyclery. About 2 miles from my house. They do Road and Mountain and have 8-10 guys wrenching ranging in age from 20 something to old bastard like me. If they don't have it, they will order it for you. Text you when your order or shop work is ready/done

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
A few months ago my buddy had his Evil Following jacked while out of town. Fast forward to this week, a random homeowner chased off a burglar with his hand gun. The burglar departed in haste and the homeowner found my buddys bicycle. He turns it into the LBS and they get it back to the rightful owner.fuck yeah.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Guy must have seen the "Evil" logo and thought "DEAR GOD THIS IS THE BIKE FOR ALL MY ROBBERIES!!!"