Quantcast

Is this Manimal's Son??

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
seriously.. if that video doesnt inspire you to go out and ride I dont know what will!!!!! Way to go lil manimal

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Right next to TotalHeckler, I don't think there is a cooler human than manimal.

Thanks for the faith in humanity guys. I hope I love my little girl half that much as she grows up. You guys truly are heroes.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
haha...where'd you find that? i posted a link in a thread on here last week but it's been popping up on a lot of random sites. even the Sinister DNA site has a link to it now.

took these shots today of him. he couldn't quite get the speed to jump UP the step-up so he figured out (on his own) that the pallet looked like a fun drop. the freaky part is that it was a drop to a drop and he was still smooth as silk over it...almost landed flat on his second try :eek: the kid is out of my hands now, i just provide the transportation and opportunities to ride...he amazes me every day!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can't wait until he masters the "big" bike, he'll be out of control at that point. The fact that he has developed a love for it will push him even further. Nice work pops!

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
That is so cool to watch. He has more guts than I do really. If I ever have a kid I hope he/she is as cool as lil manimal.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
jimmydean said:
The fact that he has developed a love for it will push him even further.
i think i've got it figured out with the whole "when to push/encourage" bit. (i'll write a book in a few years if he sticks with it ;) )
i ask if he wants to go ride on a hot, boring summer day. he instinctively says "yes", perhaps only to get out of the house and spend some "guy time" with dad. so to be sure that if he rides he does it for him and to have fun i don't mention anything about what he should try or do while we're there (in this case it was a dirt jump "pit" type of area). i just simply explain that i'm going to help my friends dig some new jumps and maybe ride a little bit and he can go explore, catch bugs, dig, throw rocks...whatever; or he can ride. so he usually chooses to chase some bugs for a bit then, after a few minutes he's sitting by his camelback, strapping on his pads and helmet. he walks around and finds some interesting line (and, of course, my friends and i have this figured out so we suggest things in a way that it seems as if it was his idea). then, armed with the feeling of trying something that HE figured out, he looks to dad for reassurance then hits it full steam and impresses us all :thumb:
i think, above all, he just wants to be "one of the guys" and in his daddy's circle of friends, the role of "one of the guys" just happens to mean that you play outside and jump things with your bike.

now....i've just recently noticed that my youngest daughter is extremely enthralled with bike movies; just like her big brother Noah was at that age :think: :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
manimal said:
haha...where'd you find that? i posted a link in a thread on here last week but it's been popping up on a lot of random sites. even the Sinister DNA site has a link to it now.
When we put the first video up on my server we had hits from RUSSIA (and from everywhere else too!). The kid's a superstar!

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
That was super cool..Then they turn out to be a Pro DH'er and really scare the hell out of you...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
tonyhawk said:
manima, your kid is so famous someone posted a link to the video in our local forum. be sure to let him know he's got a fan club in CT.

haha..sweet! just do me a favor and post on there that the other vid is NOT the same Noah.
that other noah had a pretty rad no-footer though. i think i'm going to submit a vid to the race face vid challenge thingy.

this is my Noah at age 4

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
manimal said:
haha..sweet! just do me a favor and post on there that the other vid is NOT the same Noah.
that other noah had a pretty rad no-footer though. i think i'm going to submit a vid to the race face vid challenge thingy.

this is my Noah at age 4
That is one of my all time favorite pics....I smile everytime I see it.

:)

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
once again, lil manimal rips it up. I find it amazing that a child so young can be so good and he progesses really fast too. I hope I have a kid like that

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
BikerBoy28 said:
It doesnt really impress me that much. My brother who just left kindergarten can do all that. But thats great, one more rider to the sport!
hmm lets see some proof, untill u actually ride with noah, (which I have on many occasions) you can't see actually how good he is