Quantcast

***Is This Monday's GMT?***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, Ace! Two weeks until I'm supposed to run a marathon and I can't go a quarter mile without back and glute pain, rofl. I've had injuries I've run through without it slowing me down, but this one is crippling. Physical therapy this morning!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Early morning walk in the woods. Mainly cause walking in the woods is awesome, but also to fetch the hat that fell out of the child's stroller on yesterday's jaunt through the woods.

Back to work now, going to have to pace myself over the next month. Lots to do before Christmas.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
rainy and dreary. brought my car into to the garage to have the front right control arm changed. my (manual) transmission is also on its last legs, and he spent the last week looking for a used gear box. But manual transmissions for a 2013 CX-5 are pretty hard to come by... He's taking it to the transmission shop today, hopefully they can sort something out on it. With the amount of rust on this thing, I'm not sure it'll last more than another 2 years anyways. I don't want to be car shopping now. ugh.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's acting like winter and there's clouds in the sky. What in the actual fuck is going on. I raked the front yard yesterday now I need to rake the backyard before the moisture descends from the heavens and covers the yard in that foresaken white stuff.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well I'm done with today already. Someone just called me to complain about their headset not working and was a total Karen about it. So they switched to their 2nd set, which works fine. Still a problem though, so I explained it sounds like its not connected to bluetooth, lets connect it. Nope, they don't have time for that and aren't computer smart (I was going to walk them through it, but anyways..).

Sorry, but I aint walking across the factory to look at your stupid headset, especially when you have a working one already. She seemed puzzled when I asked "why do you have two".

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Physical therapy this morning!
My PT guy still says I am on track to run a marathon in two weeks. He's got a lot more confidence than me. He's also got a 100 pound rottweiler that keeps him company at work and she is the sweetest, most affectionate attention whore of a dog ever. Every time I got down on the floor for an exercise, the dog would plop down right in front of me looking for pets.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My PT guy still says I am on track to run a marathon in two weeks. He's got a lot more confidence than me. He's also got a 100 pound rottweiler that keeps him company at work and she is the sweetest, most affectionate attention whore of a dog ever. Every time I got down on the floor for an exercise, the dog would plop down right in front of me looking for pets.
Seattle Marathon was yesterday. I drove by about 3 miles from the finish 6 hours after the start. There were still a whole lot of people out on course. None of them looked happy.

I shouted word of encouragement like "train harder next time" and "part of enlightenment is understanding your limits".

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am still unemployed too.

Spend all day cleaning out the basement and filled up my neighbours trailer with trash. Nothing will be missed I am sure. Somebody had kept a lot of clothes that had not been worn in year. A little sad having to move out now I made th basement so nice. I really hope I can get a basement again great for bikes and gear.

House is starting to look pretty good and ready for sale. Now it's more details like small paint jobs to make it look like new. A couple of houses has been put up for sale too in the hood but at crazy high prices so ours is starting to look like a bargain.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Woke up at 3 am yesterday with “the guilts.” Took me a while to realize that it was anxiety from ignoring my corporate job for a whole week! Damnit! They’ve got me brain washed.

Gonna take a very long lunch ride today in the hopes of reversing some of the indoctrination…

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Seattle Marathon was yesterday. I drove by about 3 miles from the finish 6 hours after the start. There were still a whole lot of people out on course. None of them looked happy.

I shouted word of encouragement like "train harder next time" and "part of enlightenment is understanding your limits".
next time

"that's not a fart you are feeling"

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's not like I work in a bad area, I'm just not a fan of having $1500 worth of wheels and tires in the back of my truck. Costco is putting the tires on the wife's new summer wheels since finding winter wheels was an epic failure. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
welp, the couch in my man-cave has now been donated and removed from my basement. I guess that's the last little bit of motivation I needed to start re-finishing the basement so we can move the family room down there. It'll be like a new man-cave. that I have to share with my kids. :think:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
bikes were roden. it was good. It was also stupid. Wet leaves makes everything a skid, even when it's not supposed to be.

Phone screen was a dud- salary range is about 60% of what I made previously. #sad