Quantcast

Is this not the ultimate night ride essential?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
The spokepov kit includes parts and circuit board for one basic configuration SpokePOV with 1K of memory (for one static image) and 60 high brightness LEDs (30 on each side). Available in red or yellow in both BMX (6.5" long) or MTB/Road (9.5" long) and blue in MTB/Road!

For animations, get a 4x memory chip for up to 4 frames of animations! Note that if you're using multiple spokePOVs on a wheel then each spokePOV must have a 4x memory chip for animations or it won't look right.

With one spoke, persistence at a speedy 15mph. Two spokes for cruising at 10mph. Three for a leisurely 7mph! Read more about specifications at the SpokePOV webpage.

Don't forget to get a SpokePOV dongle kit, and a magnet, too!

:love:

Linky

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Can they make me one that flashes something super bright like the following:

"Hey dumbass park ranger, please come give me a ticket!" ??

I have been patiently waiting for night vision since I started night riding 20 years ago. Need stealth out there.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
OGRipper said:

I have been patiently waiting for night vision since I started night riding 20 years ago. Need stealth out there.
Pacman does not condone poaching.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
hooples3 said:
It would be pretty cool to see the Monster chasing pacman as you ride
Haha i bet you're one of those i wish Wile E caught and ate the Road Runner kinda guys huh?

i've often thought that it would be cool to put a Pac Man bumper sticker chasing down a Jesus fish and all the knock off's, but nowadays it probably would be cooler to have Pac Man being chased by a bunch of stupid ribbons.:)

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
OGRipper said:

A friend of mine, recently back from Iraq, tried a pair of NVG's for a night ride. He crashed about four times before giving up. It was a little like riding while looking through the wrong end of binoculars.

Mike

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Dartman said:
A friend of mine, recently back from Iraq, tried a pair of NVG's for a night ride. He crashed about four times before giving up. It was a little like riding while looking through the wrong end of binoculars.

Mike
yeah, you kinda don't have any depth perception with those

I was trained to drive a HMMV in a night convoy.... you end up weaving a lot to get your bearings

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
It would be cool to have a friend ride in front of you with a 'ghost' and you could have pac man. Then chase each other through the woods.

We had something like this in our store a couple years ago. They didn't do the pac man / ghost / static image thing, just a lot of cool (trippy) patterns. They sold for about $30 and were very cheap plastic. You needed 2-4 of them to make any decent image so they weren't cost effective for most people. I heard / saw a bunch of them break and the remaining ended up getting closed out for something like a buck each.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Dartman said:

Mike

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I wish I had been there for that one! I was there when he was talking about trying it, but missed when he actually did :)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
MudGrrl said:

I was trained to drive a HMMV in a night convoy.... you end up weaving a lot to get your bearings
Ahhh whatever, I am blind in one eye and don't have normal depth perception anyway. :cool:

Seriously, I don't know how it works and what you are saying makes sense, I just think it would be cool.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
MudGrrl said:

Depends on what you're wearing. PVS-7Bs are a nightmare. The lighter monocular -14 is actually OK if you've got a little moon shining and you're able to keep both eyes open, which you really have to get used to doing. Field of view is still restricted, but having the other eye open helps.

Still, though, I didn't find it very do-able. Just a goofy thing to try. If they were smaller and more wearable, it'd be OK, I suppose.

MD