Quantcast

Is this offensive?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Of course it's designed to be offensive. Why else would you wear a T-shirt like that? It's real world trolling. The real question should be "Is it unacceptable?" and no it's not in my book.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I think it's offensive to all women...how would some of you feel if that was directed at your mother or sister??...D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Of course it's designed to be offensive. Why else would you wear a T-shirt like that? It's real world trolling. The real question should be "Is it unacceptable?" and no it's not in my book.
Perfect post.

There are differently levels of offensive:
<----------------------------------------------->
funny ..................... blah ..................... hateful

Hate is hate.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ. When did RM join the Berkeley city council?

Yes, it's offensive.

Yes, it's amusing.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The point is that I think Hillary, privately, is angry and unpleasant.

Many Americans think this and much worse, and all of Hillary's defenders can say about a distasteful joke which strikes an obvious nerve, is "that's offensive".

I think Democrats, which I am one, better come up with a better defense than being offended, especially if Hillary wins the nomination.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I find it handy that idiots can neatly label themselves, in some cases, using easy-to-identify t-shirts, tattoos, and automobiles.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I find it handy that idiots can neatly label themselves, in some cases, using easy-to-identify t-shirts, tattoos, and automobiles.
Elitism will certainly win back the White House. Maybe the American public will rise to the occasion like they did in 2000 and 2004.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
It would have been better without the "translation" below. Let people think about it for a while. Might have even elicited a giggle from me then.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought the idea was "If you have to explain the joke, it isn't that funny"? It's mildly amusing, but take the explanation off the shirt and you just have a lot of NASCAR fans asking WTF?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Elitism will certainly win back the White House. Maybe the American public will rise to the occasion like they did in 2000 and 2004.
So you're putting your political faith in men who have Yosemite Sam inked on their mid-thigh?

What did any of this have to do with politics?? I just didn't think the shirt was that funny, that's all...

I wouldn't worry. As I predicted in 2004, Bush has demonstrated that his policies are utter failures, and he can't blame it on anyone else. The public has a renewed interest in politics for the short-term, so we can look forward to 4-8 years of less than complete apathy from the populace in general. Just sad we have to go through so much bull**** to get it. But at least people aren't saying, "Man, if only we'd left Bush in the White House instead of that Kerry who ****ed it all up..."

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I have seen that "phrase" on many a t shirt and many a bumpersticker. It's funny, but old. I originally saw it with Hillarys photo replaced with the words "Ex-Wife".

I agree with H8R (and his Golden Banana): Yes it's offensive, and yes, it's funny.

Everyone knows that Jesus was a black Jewish transvestite.
That's why I keep goin' to church, sistah!

-or the other response-

I didn't know L'opie was black!