Quantcast

Is this right..? A SS n00b question.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Should my rear tire be off centered like this? I can't get it to center up but I might be doing something wrong. I really noticed it today after a light rain had some muddy spots on the trail and it caked up on the non-drive side seat stay.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
uh oh....n8s uber bling new bikey isnt aligned properly!

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
The bike has horizontal dropouts right?

Sometimes the wheel will slip or is just put on crooked. Loosen up the axle, straighten the wheel and crank everything back down.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Mudpuppy said:
The bike has horizontal dropouts right?

Sometimes the wheel will slip or is just put on crooked. Loosen up the axle, straighten the wheel and crank everything back down.
Yes, that has been happening and I am learning to deal with that issue as well...

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
N8 said:
Yes, that has been happening and I am learning to deal with that issue as well...
Take the wheel out & reverse it. If it's now favoring the other side, it's the wheel. If it's favoring the same side, it's the frame. A wheel fix is easy - frame, not so much. My guess is that it's the wheel.

All of this assumes, of course, that the wheel is in there straight.

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
wicked grass.. yea im not a mechanic or anything.. but that doesnt look right. o_O. did you recently change your tire or take it off? if you did there might be little rub marks or paint scratch or oil where the quick release was.. try matching the quick release with the marks.. (if you have quick release.. if you dont do it with whatever keeps your tire on