Quantcast

Is this right? (chainguide related)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I am installing my Evil guide, and it seems awfully close to the tire.

Also, backplate seems like its touching my linkage.... I have a spacer that I had in for my BB, Can I put that behind the backplate? :confused:

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
I dont know jack about installing chainguides, but Id reccommend posting some pics with a light background so ppl who know what to do can see whats goin on.

Windowpane

Chimp
Mar 4, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Don't know about Evil guides, but I had the same problem with my Norco Shore and a Truvativ guide. The bolts and part of the guide where actually rubbing into the front part of the swingarm. I put a spacer between the guide and haven't had a problem. It was easy for me since the Norco takes a 68mm bottom bracket and the Truvativ bb's give you alot of options for sizing.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Windowpane
Don't know about Evil guides, but I had the same problem with my Norco Shore and a Truvativ guide. The bolts and part of the guide where actually rubbing into the front part of the swingarm. I put a spacer between the guide and haven't had a problem. It was easy for me since the Norco takes a 68mm bottom bracket and the Truvativ bb's give you alot of options for sizing.
Cool, thats what I did. I took the spacer that I had taken out when I put the guide in, and put that behind the backplate. My technical consultant said that was OK (AKA DBR) :)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
your roller configuration is not correct, from the looks of hte pictures

it looks as if you are missing a bearing or something, you need to contact Evil!

have you read the directions?

edit: the problem you may run into when installing a b.b. spacer behind your guide boomerang is it may space your rings too far out, and give you a terrible chainline......

contact e13

second edit: jsut read your other posts, and Dan is a good person to ask for help but it looks as if your big ring roller or lowest steped down is mashed by the roller guard....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Castle
your roller configuration is not correct, from the looks of hte pictures

it looks as if you are missing a bearing or something, you need to contact Evil!

have you read the directions?

edit: the problem you may run into when installing a b.b. spacer behind your guide boomerang is it may space your rings too far out, and give you a terrible chainline......

contact e13

second edit: jsut read your other posts, and Dan is a good person to ask for help but it looks as if your big ring roller or lowest steped down is mashed by the roller guard....

Yeah, thats a weird picture, It doesnt really look like that. I need to get a "real" digital camera!

The weird thing is, now that I have it on, the Bash guard does not fit. Its too big, and runs into the chainguide :confused:

I have my old bashring on there for tomorrows ride, but looks like i'm calling Evil on Monday......

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
the roller/roller guard slides horizontally?, are you saying even with the roller/roller guard at it's rear most position it still wont clear the e13 supercharger?

I now see that other picture was just a shadow making it look funny......