Quantcast

Is this the bike for my little lady?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Here it is:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/828309/

She is 5'2" with shoes on and has long legs. We are looking for a magical "do it all" rigs as we enjoy many types of riding but lack the money for many types of bikes. The bike will get used for everything from trail riding to DS racing (maybe even a Sea Otter DH one day).

She is currently riding a Specy P.1 with 24" wheels on it and likes the feel of the smaller hoops but it really isn't an ideal bike for her (the frame is big and heavy).

I realize the Racer X is normally an XC focused bike but with the 24" wheels it looks slacked out, low and aggressive.

Oh gurus of the girl bike, share with me your wisdom.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Personally, I think the bike is going to be too small. I have a 5'2" friend that rides a WSD Trek Fuel and it fits her great. You may also want to check out Pivot and Yeti (XS) for some great all around bikes that should fit her. If she truly needs a women's specific bike, check out Trek and Giant...they aren't covered with pink flowers and have good build options. I'm 5'4" with a short inseam and can fit most men's bikes fairly well, so be sure to get measured to see if she's really in need of a WSD.