Quantcast

is this tire okay to use?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Did you check your tire for the max rotational velocity bead number? with that torn bead, if you come anywhere near 30% of the max velocity then you could have potential damage to the rim integrity. I'm pretty sure there's an excel file posted on here somewhere with the appropriate calculator. do a search.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Why would it be a problem, its not like you damaged its flux capacitor, jeez, Bike hypochondriacs, just go and bloody ride.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
You're fine, that bit of rubber doesn't do anything. Your bead is still intact.

Sorry to spoil the fun, w4s, but I have to keep up appearances. We can't be less helpful than pinkbike.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah gotta agree with Woody, the bead is fine, and totally intact..... its just a bit of the rubber that missing.... there is nothing wrong with that tire...... seen way worse on cars than that.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Did you check your tire for the max rotational velocity bead number? with that torn bead, if you come anywhere near 30% of the max velocity then you could have potential damage to the rim integrity. I'm pretty sure there's an excel file posted on here somewhere with the appropriate calculator. do a search.
:rofl: awesome :)