Quantcast

***is this Tuesday? GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just landed in Copenhagen after two amazing weeks in Singapore. I loved the warm weather and the food there is amazing. Missed my boys and looking forward to riding some bikes again.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had a shit morning and a good afternoon.
Adjusting brakes took me 2.5hrs this morning, much swearing was done, even some tools were thrown.
'twas a Tanty Tuesday for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:popcorn:

Tuesday eh.

Tried some bulgogi last night, from a Sushi shop of all places (not many are owned/ran by Japanese peeps here) and goofed while reading the translation of what the word meant. I took "fire meat" as spicey, but should have taken the literal meaning. Oh well, it was still good.

Coffee'ing it now and then this work thing.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I slept like absolute ass last night. My legs ached really bad and two Aleve did not help, then my feet were cramping up. I rolled out of bed at 6:00 and started this WFH day early. I am going to crash hard at some point. I may hop on the KICKR later for something really easy just to loosen up my legs.

Four day work week, then we're off to Big Sky, MT.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Federal budget day here. was planning on riding after work - hopefully with the boy, but have been roped in to helping with the analysis... might try and sneak out for lunch.

did our taxes last night. we now have enough for the basement reno that's meant to start in a month and half. phew.

@canadmos : is this in your area? https://www.collingwoodtoday.ca/the-blue-mountains-and-grey-highlands/tbm-receives-50000-youth-climate-action-grant-8584936#:~:text=The Town of The Blue Mountains has announced that it,fund youth-led climate initiatives. you should rope some youths in to build trails. in the name of climate adaptation!

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I slept like absolute ass last night. My legs ached really bad and two Aleve did not help, then my feet were cramping up. I rolled out of bed at 6:00 and started this WFH day early. I am going to crash hard at some point. I may hop on the KICKR later for something really easy just to loosen up my legs.

Four day work week, then we're off to Big Sky, MT.
But did you have pie?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
pool company showed up this morning. excellent. fence install is scheduled for friday, and rain is in the forecast tomorrow and thursday. i didn't want this dragging out even farther.

making progress on the GG build. inserts arrived yesterday. rear is installed, front wasn't holding air so I retaped it and that seemed to solve the issues. don't have the correct brake adapters, so i need to order those.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
bid for hydroseeding came in at 2600, got to get a skid steer for a couple of days to move the last of the piles and berms before they shot the cutbanks. also waiting on a big roller sometime next week to compact some of the road base.

The caterpillar dealer offered me a job yesterday, I laughed

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Federal budget day here. was planning on riding after work - hopefully with the boy, but have been roped in to helping with the analysis... might try and sneak out for lunch.

did our taxes last night. we now have enough for the basement reno that's meant to start in a month and half. phew.

@canadmos : is this in your area? https://www.collingwoodtoday.ca/the-blue-mountains-and-grey-highlands/tbm-receives-50000-youth-climate-action-grant-8584936#:~:text=The Town of The Blue Mountains has announced that it,fund youth-led climate initiatives. you should rope some youths in to build trails. in the name of climate adaptation!
That place is about 2 hours from my house. Its where our best lift accessed trails were closed forever at the start of the pandemic :( but we do some good shuttling...

If I was local that'd be a cool thing to get involved in. Hopefully they use the funds wisely.

Unfortunately for that area, there is not much "public" land. Its all either private property, private ski clubs (so uppity closed doors type peeps), provincial park property or under scrutiny by the Niagara Escarpment biosphere network (see protective hikers and nature folks who are against bikes - https://nebnetwork.org/).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
According to the pre hike weigh in I’m 8 pounds heavier than I was before last year’s start. I’m sure it’s all muscle gain though. Or Table Muscles as my uncle calls’em.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
New tires on deck for the truck today. This is several months over due.

Then I am picking up custom built metal enclosures for building new detectors.

I found a company in Everett that builds customs enclosures out of plastic - some of my customers are asking if I can provide my product in a plastic box.

The metal fab company refuses to share the CAD file for my enclosure. No one else uses these. I think its BS they wont give me the file.

Looks like I'll be hand delivering one of these enclosures to Everett in the next couple weeks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH day, calling the shop to fix the wife's quad. I put a new carb on last year and had some trouble getting it running, but did eventually. Went to start it to get ready to ride next weekend and it was a no go. So I will replace the battery and pay to shop $200 or something to dial it in. I really hate carburetors, I've never been good with them and that's why my bike is FI.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So yesterday while on walkies I hear the loud ass neighbor yelling at someone from 3 blocks away. It sounded like he was on the street behind me and that can't be good. Afterwards I sat on the porch and the wife joined me. A few minutes later, a uniformed officer came around the corner pushing homeboys scooter to drop off at his house. I heard his wife apologize, but I couldn't hear what was said.

Based on what the sheriff at the other neighbors party said, he got in the cops face and got arrested. It seems they got an offer on the house, so he's trying to settle scores before he leaves. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Managed a lunch-time sneak. First dirt since the elbow surgery (4 weeks ago tomorrow). No lasting pain. Definitely out of shape, but hopefully that will come back eventually. Conditions were glorious: saw 4 people the whole time, not too hot, no bugs, great line of sight, and other than the blown leaves from last fall, the trail is still in a somewhat natural state. The land manager and overzealous trail crew haven't had time to go in and "fix" things yet. I'll chalk that up as a win!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Call VW to see if my drain tube is there, yep it is.

Ask them if they have touch up paint in stock and of course they need the vin number. I can't just tell them the name of the paint so dude can go look in the back or something. :think: