Quantcast

Is Trump trying to ban EU as well?

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
Shout out from Bulgaria - for the last few days I get "Error 403 Forbidden" trying to open the forums, only US proxy does the job....what gives? Anyone else EU located having the same issue?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Same situation from Germany, haven’t been able to access ridemonkey for a week. Tried several service providers and mobile networks to no avail. I am a complete amateur at this internet stuff, is there anything we can do on our end other than going through a proxy?

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
Well, no actually, but that's not an issue in its essence - there's a myriad of proxy/VPN browser extensions, it worked with the first one I tried (Stealthy for Chrome). The interesting part is that this looks like an explicit restriction on the web hosting side for non-US providers, or as is the case - EU ones. I'd understand such geographical block for corporate or government reasons, but this is Ridemonkey...probably because lizards?!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hey guys, and @Udi, as it turns out there was some issue of GDPR compliance so the corporate overlords just turned off EU access while they figured it out. Nobody told me.

Their plan is a few weeks out, so I'm going to try to implement an interim solution. We'll see what happens. I'll keep this thread updated.

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
Me and @Loki87 still having this problem

Firefox and FireX proxy extension set to USA got me in, the chrome proxy extensions didn't but maybe they just suck. I made a thread on vital asking about the issue so it might clear the issue up for some people. maybe put a message on the error 403 page saying us europoors are blocked if that's doable.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Me and @Loki87 still having this problem

Firefox and FireX proxy extension set to USA got me in, the chrome proxy extensions didn't but maybe they just suck. I made a thread on vital asking about the issue so it might clear the issue up for some people. maybe put a message on the error 403 page saying us europoors are blocked if that's doable.
Hola Free VPN for Chrome did finally work for me. Did you try that one?

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
Hola Free VPN for Chrome did finally work for me. Did you try that one?
i remember hola and most free vpns being pretty dodge in general. Might be fine for the time being while bikemag sort their shit out tho
http://adios-hola.org/

Ive escaped the opressive clutches of the EUrocrats into glorious free ukraine and I no longer need a proxy, but this shits getting more common with american sites so im gonna try the more legit paid vpns like nord

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
i remember hola and most free vpns being pretty dodge in general. Might be fine for the time being while bikemag sort their shit out tho
http://adios-hola.org/

Ive escaped the opressive clutches of the EUrocrats into glorious free ukraine and I no longer need a proxy, but this shits getting more common with american sites so im gonna try the more legit paid vpns like nord
uVPN also worked for me, if you wanna go for a paid option.
I´ll stick to hola for now and hope they figure this stuff out sooner than later.