Quantcast

***Is Tuesderp GMT***

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Did some planning last night for our June MTB trip. It sounds like a lot of trails in CO may still be off limits at the end of June...Anyway good morning to all and FTS at work.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did some planning last night for our June MTB trip. It sounds like a lot of trails in CO may still be off limits at the end of June...Anyway good morning to all and FTS at work.
Don't plan on any high country in CO until at late July the way things are currently going.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had an interesting conversation with the head of our government business yesterday. He dropped by to say 'hi' and check on the status of my Products job. Said that if I don't get it that he will hire me as he has positions in Denver that he needs filled asap - one as a field rep traveling CO, the other as a manager for field reps.

I've been working with him for coming on four years now and done a few high profile field meetings, so there isn't much that needs to be covered as to my skill set and experience from a field perspective. And from the manager side, we work with the field team daily and I am the first to call out when things need to be dealt with on a rep level.

Nice to know that I am a demand individual within the company.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Additional to tomorrow: Told my boss last night that I would not be coming in Wednesday, but still haven't heard back. Hope he doesn't have any plans for me, as I'm not coming in.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Was supposed to leave Tucson early Friday to go to Lake Havasu for camping. One member of the group was told last night that of the Reps from her companies Manufactures was stopping in that day and she has to be there. Now instead of leaving at 8, we are leaving Shortly after 2. It's only a 5 hour drive, but still means we are getting there and setting up after dark. In other news, its raining. Really weird for this time of year.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sup yall?
Had carnitas for the third time since sunday for dinner last night. my colon needs a break but damn they are tasty.
I'm hoping there will be some sloppy seconds on Thursday. Gonna have to stick to Eldorka. :/

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ughhh and the week grinds on.... been working like a dog to get our house ready to sell April 1st.......

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Took my dad to an ortho hospital for a total hip replacement this morning. He was in and out of surgery in under 2 hours, doc called and said he did great. My gal is checking on him in the recovery room, as I’m at a doc appt of my own. I’ll go see him after, he should be in his room for the night by then. Discharged tomorrow, then I get to watch over him a couple days before his sister gets in to take care of him. Feeling pretty lucky to A.) still have both my parents and B.) live close enough to help my dad out when he needs it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
off work, beer 30 has commenced. I'm getting the camper ready for Ruth and her girl friend to take off with it on Thursday (had to take all my camping and medic gear out then clean off the guy grime). DEF tank filled, off to the filling station for Diesel in a minute or so. Two full propane tanks swapped in. It will be ready for her to load their crap in when she gets home from work tonight.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Took my dad to an ortho hospital for a total hip replacement this morning. He was in and out of surgery in under 2 hours, doc called and said he did great. My gal is checking on him in the recovery room, as I’m at a doc appt of my own. I’ll go see him after, he should be in his room for the night by then. Discharged tomorrow, then I get to watch over him a couple days before his sister gets in to take care of him. Feeling pretty lucky to A.) still have both my parents and B.) live close enough to help my dad out when he needs it.
Bingo!! driving to LA this weekend to spend more time with my 96 year old dad

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Email from corporate: We expect a blizzard tomorrow. Office is still open; plan accordingly.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Have toshi test his winter tires he keeps obsessing about by taking you to and from work
:busted:
Stoney has winters on his Forester, too, albeit 7 years old and all ozone-cracked, iirc :D

Tomorrow I shall be spending some quality time sitting in a CarMax lounge getting my car appraised, anyway. Plus maybe washing my hair, who knows

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney has winters on his Forester, too, albeit 7 years old and all ozone-cracked, iirc :D

Tomorrow I shall be spending some quality time sitting in a CarMax lounge getting my car appraised, anyway. Plus maybe washing my hair, who knows
7 winters, but they live in bags during the summer... They are still half depth though. You have hair again?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
adjusted bindings on wife’s new skis (salomon gemmas) to fit her boots; got mine back from shop, which had to redrill front binding as theb previous owner of my new to me skis (blizzard brahmas) had tiny feet. new boots fitted to mah feet. stoked to head up to snowshoe on thurs. to see what it feels like to use gear manufactured in the 21st century!

i also may have bought ALL the remaining lagunitas cappucino stout bombers from the local bottle shop. because limited release and delicious, of course!

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Don't plan on any high country in CO until at late July the way things are currently going.
What elevation do yall consider "high county"? Our original plan was Crested Butte, but open to elsewhere. Only reason Colorado was chosen was because wife will be in Denver/CO Springs prior for work.