Quantcast

Is Windrock still open?

Jan 24, 2006
Groom Lake
I was just trying to check out Windrock's site and it wasn't up so I was wondering if it was still open to riding. I'd like to make a trip out there next spring if so. Does anyone know if it is still open to riding? Would anyone from around there be interested in showing a guy from Kansas City around if I came out? The trails seem exactly like what I love to ride. Thanks.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
So to answer you're question...... Yes Windrock is still open.
As far as next spring goes. Just wait till then and post up. dhbuilder is the main trail builder down there, I am sure he will point you down some steep rocky trail. -JM

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the old website is no more.

and we'll be open until mother nature lets us know otherwise.
usually thru early november is a safe bet.
after that we play it day by day as winter starts to set in.
we're usually done riding by thanksgiving.

that's when we'll start building new stuff and improving existing trails.
we're more fired up than ever about getting out on some of our new land and taking a good look at land we've had, but not utilized ever.

the more we've been looking around lately, the more obvious it is that we've just scratched the surface on what's out here for us to take advantage of.

fired up doesn't even begin to describe it.

Jan 24, 2006
Groom Lake
Thanks for the update guys. And DH-Builder, 'fired up' doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling about getting out there and meeting you guys and getting to share your trails for a few days. Thanks again, now I have something to look forward to as the days get shorter and the temps get lower. I wish there was a way I could come out and help you guys build some new features.