Quantcast

Is your house built poorly if...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Anyone else think its a bad sign when my house is shaking in 55mph winds on all floors?

This might provide to be an interesting hurricane season yet...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Naw, that's normal. "That which doesn't bend breaks" and all that. We're just starting to get the wind and rain up the bay in Annapolis. The water's pretty high out there. Looks like we'll have some local flooding as the wind pushes water up the bay.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Is it new? 55mph ain't exactly a zephyr. Anyway shaking's not so bad, it's the falling down that's the killer.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Naw, that's normal. "That which doesn't bend breaks" and all that. We're just starting to get the wind and rain up the bay in Annapolis. The water's pretty high out there. Looks like we'll have some local flooding as the wind pushes water up the bay.
i must add my corollary:

"that which bends in resonance with the wind breaks in dramatic fashion! take pics"

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Sounds like a good time to wade out and loot yourself some Heinekens.:cheers:

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
can'y be as bad as the house I lived in in Pa that you could tell if the next door neighbor's daughter was having sex because things where falling off the wall on the other side of the house

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV

This is from my house. Ernesto packs a lot of water...
On the upside, we were able to for a few hours paddle over to the river...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
You big pussy, that's JUST a little drizzle!

:p

***edit*** Proof; Tattooo took the picture from an upper floor! ROFLMO!!!***end edit***

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I was thinking we could get a bunch of inflatable pool toys and have sex with them in the middle of the street...

If that doesn't keep my crack head neighbors at bay, nothing much will.

What's really funny is that my landlord tried to tell me that this wasn't a real flood risk. In my head the nagging voice of reason knew better, but like a NOLA dumbass I believed.

Mayby I ought to call the Army Corps of Engineers.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I called him and offered him some space in my garage, but he thought all was well.

That bike has been sitting out there since we moved in here back in mid-february.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I was thinking we could get a bunch of inflatable pool toys and have sex with them in the middle of the street...

If that doesn't keep my crack head neighbors at bay, nothing much will.

What's really funny is that my landlord tried to tell me that this wasn't a real flood risk. In my head the nagging voice of reason knew better, but like a NOLA dumbass I believed.

Mayby I ought to call the Army Corps of Engineers.
George Bush hates Tatooo. :p

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
It has been gusting 90kph here today (54mph), and couldn't feel a thing in my house.....even in the sunroom built onto the 2nd floor deck. :)

*edit* although the glass is vibrating a lil on some of the big windows.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Get the keys to the motorcycle and tell him you will move it for him then take it for a ride.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Hey Tat,

We didn't get much rain or flooding but we lost power at 5 pm Friday and didn't get it back until 2pm Sunday. We had us a nice little camp out. Bastard power company.