Quantcast

Israel/Palestine

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
no.

it was a simple question.

she answered poorly.

the threat of donations getting pulled got her fired.

She quit, not fired.

That was elise stafanik's performance piece and had nothing to do with what was actually happening on her campus. The question she was asked was just as stupid as "if students were being set on fire by other students bringing flamethrowers to class, would you condemn them?"

Students were not being harassed for being jewish, something else you misrepresented which is exactly what stafanik wanted you to think was happening.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Bomb children, but you are the one suffering.

I guess if you kill all the children they can't grow up to hate your children.

Israel has given Biden enough money through the years he won't quit supporting them.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Israel has given Biden enough money through the years he won't quit supporting them.
"Adjusting for inflation, US aid to Israel from 1951 to 2022 totaled $317.9 billion, making it the largest recipient of American foreign aid since World War II."

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
"Adjusting for inflation, US aid to Israel from 1951 to 2022 totaled $317.9 billion, making it the largest recipient of American foreign aid since World War II."

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, yeah, I have heard ’some’ of that sentiment for decades now, but never expressed with such ferocity. (No situation that I have ever been in discussing this would rise to that, for good or bad).

Im curious if this was posted after Oct 7 (it says 11/27, but I’m not sure what year? )
He has some very salient points, especially regarding “Who is David, and who is Goliath?”.
He does have the intensity of a convert.
I would be very curious as to what kind of personal blowback he is currently receiving, especially if he is still in Israel.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
That may be true in this epoch, but it really is as stupid simple as Ibrahim/Abraham.
Thus ever was, and shall be, especially with fortifying incidents like Oct 7 massacre, and the IDF response.

The US involvement will likely be a mere blip in history, but who the fuck knows.

EDIT: If the US pulled out all financial and weaponry assistance tomorrow, shit would likely get WAY worse for Palestinians.
In every way.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That may be true in this epoch, but it really is as stupid simple as Ibrahim/Abraham.
yeah so israel since its inception has been a bad neighbor with nothing short of dominionist policies creating second class citizens who get killed for trying to do outrageous things like 'live where I was born'

EDIT: If the US pulled out all financial and weaponry assistance tomorrow, shit would likely get WAY worse for Palestinians.
In every way.
explain how worse than death, starvation and dehydration works

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
All I know is the fuckers are so bloodthirsty that if you are wearing "Palestinian" clothes, you must be Hamas and shot. Too bad it was actually three hostages.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

From the BBC.

The IDF has given more details on how it mistakenly killed three hostages in Gaza on Friday.

An IDF official says one of its soldiers saw the hostages emerging from a building without shirts on, holding a stick with a white cloth on it.

The soldier felt threatened and opened fire, declaring that the men were terrorists, the IDF official says.

Two hostages were killed immediately and one was injured, and ran back into the building.

Then soldiers heard a cry for help in Hebrew, "and immediately the battalion commander issued a ceasefire order", the official adds.

After a cry for help was heard from the third injured hostage, an IDF official says soldiers opened fire again and that hostage also died.

Wow.

So unarmed civilians waving a white flag can be considered terrorists and shot dead.

And discipline is so poor that even after their commanding officer tells them to hold fire they carry on shooting and kill an injured unarmed man.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So unarmed civilians waving a white flag can be considered terrorists and shot dead.

And discipline is so poor that even after their commanding officer tells them to hold fire they carry on shooting and kill an injured unarmed man.
They all have bright futures ahead of them at a large metropolitan police department here in the states.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
So, meriacans want to be able to carry guns like Israelis can, I guess they can open carry because they are well trained.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sounds about right

there was a whole lot of pearl clutching going on over one side's losses. zero concern about the things they're 'really' about when it's perpetuated continuously by the other side

I'd like to think you're capable of learning but I guess not

the fact that some hick from florida knew exactly what was going to happen before a supposed israel expert is pretty pathetic

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Oh my god, you are a tiring pedant. Probably the most fatiguing thing on this forum, actually.
im no Israel expert, in any way.
But go ahead and believe your fantasy that no children were slaughtered.
oh, right, entire families were slaughtered.
By both sides.
Your bullshit projectionism is…cute?
FFS, Woo, go see a therapist.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh my god, you are a tiring pedant. Probably the most fatiguing thing on this forum, actually.
im no Israel expert, in any way.
But go ahead and believe your fantasy that no children were slaughtered.
oh, right, entire families were slaughtered.
By both sides.
Your bullshit projectionism is…cute?
FFS, Woo, go see a therapist.
if it's that rough, just put me on your ignore list

I really did want to check in with you and see what you thought about the current situation that a lot people knew israel was waiting for years to carry out. I had a long conversation about this with a friend who used to live in israel and I thought of you.

The world is now seeing the way israel has conducted itself for decades now. What hamas did was horseshit. What israel is doing is worse, by all the same metrics being used for israeli horror.

as far as 'expertise' goes, I'm only going on your previous dismissive posts

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
The problem, it seems to me, is that you and I generally come close to agreeing on about nearly everything. Does that piss you off or something?
it’s like the fact that certain things even exist. makes you borderline apoplectic…when, in fact, sometimes they work really well for someone else’s needs.
on the grand scheme of things, neither of us knows shit about fuck-all.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
23K Dead with over 10K of them kids and all you have is "yawn"?

You seem like a war crimes apologist.

It is not a good look.
The ‘yawn’ was related to Woo’s troll, which I bit on anyway.
You know this, though. (Nice totally out of context riff on it!)
Fuck Israel
Fuck Hamas
Fuck Spyro-Gyra, fuck easy jazz, fuck pizza arguments, fuck cold showers.
And fuck $6.00 eight paks of LaCrois.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The problem, it seems to me, is that you and I generally come close to agreeing on about nearly everything. Does that piss you off or something?
it’s like the fact that certain things even exist. makes you borderline apoplectic…when, in fact, sometimes they work really well for someone else’s needs.
on the grand scheme of things, neither of us knows shit about fuck-all.
whether someone agrees with me or not has very little to do with with pissing me off

I quoted a post from october because it carried a very specific 'early days' tone. The horror at killing babies™, and more importantly the idea that hamas is the bad guy, as in the only bad guy, certainly not a radical head of a shitty version of a self-defense movement, and that israel's actions don't come close, when in fact they dwarf what happened on Oct 7 when taken collectively over the previous two decades.

My goal isn't to 'troll' you. It's to get you to drop the fluffy feathers indignation bullshit which has a foundation in being very wrong before the truth comes out.

this kind of bullshit for example

Just admit that you have no idea about Israeli secular politics regarding Palestine, and leave it at that.

Four months later, this is just as irrelevant as it was then. Israel is a US funded nationalist hate state that has created a subservient population out of who was there when israel established itself. I don't particularly like to see a modern day state duplicating the anglo driven genocide that this country was founded on in the modern age. I'm just curious if your thinking changed over the last several months. Because your first few posts in the early days read very much like propagandist nonsense.

Honestly, I'm mostly curious is seeing if anyone who watched the US response to 911 has learned a god damned thing about how propaganda is used to justify mass murder. Toshi sure as fuck hasn't. Maybe others have?

Last edited: