Quantcast

Issaquah / Sammammish trails...

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Hi everyone!

I recently moved from Oly to Issaquah and am looking for some new riding trails. I've ridden the main Tiger Mtn. trail several times, but I know there has to be some good DH and XC trails around here considering all the hills.

I would appreciate any help!

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
You could drive down to Renton and ride at Phillip Arnold Park (tapeworm, etc.) or drive up to Tolt (near Carnation) for some fun XC riding. Plus there are a few not-so-secret trails scattered along I-90.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
oly said:
Did you ride cap forest much when you lived in Oly??
Yeah, we rode the shuttle every chance we could get. I will miss Cap4, but am looking forward to exploring new trails. I'm sure I'll still make it down there a lot this summer.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
oxygen_77 said:
Plus there are a few not-so-secret trails scattered along I-90.
Yes! I want to know where these not-so-secret trails are! I doubt they are in the guidebooks. I guess I'll check out mtbr to see if anyone posted them. Unless you can tell me how to get to them...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Tokul is ok. It's got some great singletrack but they are small stretches and seperated by miles of forest road.

Griffin is good too, only access is a little odd.

Middle Fork Snoqualmie is a great trail ride, but it's seasonal like Tiger.

And Lake Sawyer is a super popular twisty stretch of XC.

BBTC has rides posted, you can join up or tag along and get an idea of what's what.

Maps and descriptions of some rides are in the Zilly books or you can score maps at local bike shops. If you need more info feel free to drop me a pm, i can get you dialed into more specifics if you need em.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Sammamish has Beaver lake trails. It's a good place to get a workout and is close to you. Look it up on MTBR or Dirtworld. Also called section 36.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'll second Beaver Lake/Section 36 for some XC. As well as Grand Ridge which you can ride to from downtown Issy. Look for the "Thrilla South" rides on the BBTC calendar and hook up with RoDo there. Otherwise, for XC, there's Towers of Power as mentioned in Renton along with Tokuls East and West as Skooks mentioned but to me that's more trails with short sections of road between them.
Tolt-MacDonald park in Carnation as well as Griffin Creek across the street off NE 11th. Some trails off Snoqualmie Park Blvd that I'm not supposed to talk about and Mid Fork when it reopens.
As for more gravity influenced stuff, there's enough info on the exits on RM for most people to figure it out. And, when you're bored with those or are looking for other places, you'll have hooked up with the insiders in the know by then to find where additional local gravity feasts are as well.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Grand Ridge trail under construction. See wta.org for work parties.
Info also on county parks website. Directions posted on mtbr trails section.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I don't mean to stir things up but the WTA did not impress me with their Beaver lake trails (Soaring Eagle park?). It looks like a dozer went through there. Maybe in the long term it pays off to make the trails 4 feet wide with big trenches but man was I stunned after they went in there. The picture above the trail seems abit narrower though.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
there are some sweet secret trails in the area ;) a couple that ive helped on

also there is a sick one out by northbend... if you know what i'm talking about then good :) because it is the best in the area, but it is only good because only a select few ride it

Jun 18, 2004
ffonsok said:
there are some sweet secret trails in the area ;) a couple that ive helped on

also there is a sick one out by northbend... if you know what i'm talking about then good :) because it is the best in the area, but it is only good because only a select few ride it
Do you mean the ones that the Forest Service gives warnings to not ride on?... or the one that's rhymes with wheeler?

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Str8OutaBallard said:
Do you mean the ones that the Forest Service gives warnings to not ride on?... or the one that's rhymes with wheeler?
FYI: The one that rhymes with Wheeler is a north shore styled trail which IMHO needs improvements if more than a few want to enjoy it's goodness. Or perhaps an entirely new and seperate system which incorporates more flow into the vertical sans stunts. Having said that it is the best of it's genre for the area, and a challenging descent. I found it to be harder technically than anything I rode in Nelson this year. I believe someone on this site called it a Whistler double black after riding it for the 1st time. Kudos again to the developers.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I was thinking of a different trail out there, one that starts with a E and ends with a 7 :), but can someone PM or AIM me about Wheeler? I am interested if its in the same location.

thanks
bmXXXboy1488=AIM