Quantcast

Issue re: tuna

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Today I ran out of cat food. I was feeling like a bum and didn't want to go to the store for my sole dependent, so I rummaged through the kitchen looking for something for him to eat. I happened upon a package of pastrami, which he is a fan of, but the issue was that I wanted the pastrami...so I located a can of tuna. Bumblebee, to be precise. Anyway, he was hesitant at first, but then the fat fvck gorged himself on the chicken of the sea™. This evening I went to the store and bought a bag of dry cat food that he normally consumed on a daily basis. He stared at it, and then whined at me for twenty minutes. He wants tuna.

Sh!t. The cat does not get to eat better food than I do on a daily basis. Is it time to make cat steak? I've been fattening him up for quite a while.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cat Rule #1: NEVER give them real fish. They won't eat until they get it again.

It would be like having sex with a supermodel. Once you've gone supermodel, you can't go back.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
we give our cats tuna once a day, usually the stuff that expires or from the dent can bin. they cant sell past expiration date but its still good.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
True Difference between Cats and Dogs,

Dogs, they look at man, they say to themselves, "You give me food and shelter, YOU must be a God"

Cats, they look at man, they say to themselves "You give me food and Shelter, I must be a God

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
He may dive into the bay to catch his own tuna before that happens.

He was pretty fvcking adamant about not touching the dry stuff. :(
F*#k him, he's a cat. It's clear now who is the real pussy though. I agree with Westy. If he's no smarter than that, then I am right about these two box missing pieces of crap we have.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Just start calling him number 9 instead of his name, arrange broccoli around him while he sleeps and start inviting asians over to size him up and bid a price. He'll get the picture pretty soon...

btw..love the tag

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
lol...I feed my cats tuna probably once a week and the rest of the week they eat dry food...been doing it for years with no problems...maybe your cat is special :)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Si.

Today at the grocery store I picked up some canned salmon/rice/blahblah ****, as well as cat food tuna. He seems stoked on the cat food tuna (it's supplemented with vitamin E and other sh!t), I haven't tried the other stuff yet. I did discover that it's just as cheap as dry food, though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Si.

Today at the grocery store I picked up some canned salmon/rice/blahblah ****, as well as cat food tuna. He seems stoked on the cat food tuna (it's supplemented with vitamin E and other sh!t), I haven't tried the other stuff yet. I did discover that it's just as cheap as dry food, though.
Where in GOD'S name are you buying your dry food? :confused:

Because there's NO WAY that $hit is as cheap as dry food. :think:

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Yeah, I made the same mistake with one of my cats...
Now, whenever someone opens a thing of tuna, or even uses the can opener, she runs in and starts meowing and rubbing her body on your leg... Haha.

They won't eat the hard food at first, but once they get hungry enough, they'll eat it. Same with healthy food. I buy them this more expensive, healthy food, but they just look at it, and walk away. Yet, they eat like 3 bowls of the cheap stuff a day...

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I ran out of cat food last week, so I went across the street to the neighbor's house. They have a Chihuahua. I figured the kibbles are roughly the same size.

Mittens got small dog kibbles and liked it.

If the Chihuahua owners had not been at home, my second choice was the home of the mutt down the street. I figured I'd put the larger dog kibbles in the food processor to make them smaller and more kitty sized.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bull hockey. I have fed my cats tuna on occasion. I never noticed any change in eating habits. I also feed them raw chicken, beef, critters, and fish parts. They like them way better. Most folks that feed their animals all willy nilly and have problems with their cats. My cats eat what they get.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Bull hockey. I have fed my cats tuna on occasion. I never noticed any change in eating habits. I also feed them raw chicken, beef, critters, and fish parts. They like them way better. Most folks that feed their animals all willy nilly and have problems with their cats. My cats eat what they get.
Dude - it's not like we're talking about someone with a brain here, it's blue. I thought you had been around a while. :think: If you've seen his car posts, you know his cat's going to be f*#ked up.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
My cat will try to eat anything with a pulse, routinely consumes entire full grown squirrels, birds, mice, etc etc but he won't touch anything in his bowl unless it's fancy feast. go figure.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My cat will try to eat anything with a pulse, routinely consumes entire full grown squirrels, birds, mice, etc etc but he won't touch anything in his bowl unless it's fancy feast. go figure.
He's become fond of hummingbirds as of late. He's learned from the other cat in the household...He makes horrible noises when he arrives in the yard with one.

Cat food tuna=40 cents a can...he goes through about .75-1 can of the stuff a day. Not bad at all.