Quantcast

Issues on new build.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I just transfered all my parts off my old bike onto my new to me 07 p1. My bro had a new odyssey linear slik cable housing laying around so I used it. Just the housing with my old cable. Now my brake is mushy as ****. The brake is a bb7 and lever is regular avid and it wont stop even with the pads adjusted to rub the rotor. So what's the deal?

Also I would like to run my odyssey sidewinder lever, or I guess the newer ones were called triggers. But I think I've heard you cant run bmx levers with disk brakes if you want any sort of feel to them. Is there any truth to this?

Lastly, I plan on running an s&m bmx stem. Can someone point me in the direction of some mid rise mtb style bars that come in bmx sizing?

DeafTrance

Chimp
Nov 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
Brake might be mushy because of the brake and housing combo, there might be too much friction when you reuse an old housing with an old cable not originally inside of it. Maybe put some lube in it, might help out a little. BMX u-brake levers pull a different amount of cable than mountain bike brakes so they wont work well.