Quantcast

It’s freaking crazy down here

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I went to buy some camping supplies at lunch today (food.) I was the last person to get water from the grocery store. People were panicking calling other people to see if they scored any.
Then I went to get some propane from my camp stove and Coleman lantern and I got the last bottles of that. I thought I was going to get into a fight. Then a employee walked out with the very last case of bottles and somebody just walked up grabbed it from him and rushed to the check out.
People are almost manic.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
narlus said:
good luck.

people, esp stressed people, can be dillholes.
thanks. as long as the storm doesnt get over a cat3 i'm staying put. I’m far enough inland and high enough that I wont be flooded although my neighborhood flooded back a few years ago during Alison.
In fact i'm planning a party with hurricanes.
i'm totally set too. i have plenty of propane plus all the camping gear a person would need to live pretty comfortably for a while including 2 different types of water purifiers. i can live on bayou skank water.
i also have plenty of food that can be ate heated or not.
i also have plenty of alcohol.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
The Toninator said:
i have plenty of propane plus all the camping gear a person would need to live pretty comfortably for a while including 2 different types of water purifiers. i can live on bayou skank water.
during the looting in NO, REI or EMS would have been my 1st stop. f the plasma tv, give me a way to purify water.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I just had a similar incident in our lunch room Tony. I went in to refill my water bottle for my ride to the gym, and there was a kitchen full of people trying to get at the free lunch the Company bought us. They were elbowing each other and trying to cut in front of each other, people were whispering about how much so and so was taking....YIKES!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Heidi said:
I just had a similar incident in our lunch room Tony. I went in to refill my water bottle for my ride to the gym, and there was a kitchen full of people trying to get at the free lunch the Company bought us. They were elbowing each other and trying to cut in front of each other, people were whispering about how much so and so was taking....YIKES!
werd. when it comes to free lunch, you betta get out the way sucka!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
Reminds me of a party I went to the other week. Later in the night someone bought a few pizza's. People swarmed and fought over the pies like a bunch of lions over a dieing water buffalo.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
Reminds me of a party I went to the other week. Later in the night someone bought a few pizza's. People swarmed and fought over the pies like a bunch of lions over a dieing water buffalo.

was llkoolkeg in the house?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
Has something happened to you lately? This analogy doesn't seem to be up to the usual Westy standards........... :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
People moved way too fast to have been motivated by the herb. The best part was watching a snobby hot chick dressed in big $$ designer clothes cram down a slice like she hadn't eaten in a year. I asked her if she would like me to serve her another slice in a bowl on the floor.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i made everyone one nervous so they all left early to get provisions. Next I’m going to start a riot and we’re going to raid the home depot next door. I need a new miter box.

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Westy said:
People moved way too fast to have been motivated by the herb. The best part was watching a snobby hot chick dressed in big $$ designer clothes cram down a slice like she hadn't eaten in a year. I asked her if she would like me to serve her another slice in a bowl on the floor.

Should've offered utinsils for both hands.

J

JRB

N8 said:
Hey Tony,

You could just camp out at Tyler State Park for a couple days and get some riding in.

:)
We should meet up there soon. Fall is upon us.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
BAAHHH!! Nice! Guessing you didn't get her # lol! ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
BAAHHH!! Nice! Guessing you didn't get her # lol! ;)
I already had another sure thing wrapped up at that point. I'm not one to attempt multitasking when it comes to such things.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The Toninator said:
thanks. as long as the storm doesnt get over a cat3 i'm staying put. I’m far enough inland and high enough that I wont be flooded although my neighborhood flooded back a few years ago during Alison.

You're nuts. If you lose electricity, it is going to be miserable being in Houston with 100% humidity and temps in the 90's and no AC or even a fan.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
narlus said:

And to think some believe the Middle East produces nothing of value beyond petroleum products!

I love having the biggest lungs during a multi-hose hookah session. I outlast the newbs who then forget to thumb their hoses when done drawing...and I get shotgunned into the stratosphere. :blah: