Quantcast

It’s a new day, amigos

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Have to say, been thinking about Sqeeb’s testicles a bit too much. I have had hypochondriac nut ache all day. Really hope you’ll be OK, bro.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I sept like a brick. Normally I hear the sprinklers kick on nope. head hit pillow, alarm wen off type of night. I should have 3 two pound bags of whole bean coffee arriving today WIN

Work not so much fuckers slammed me with 18 transports, at least they are all in town save one.

Espresso then hit the road

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Plague prick this am. Internet has been down since 2pm yesterday. Comcast says it isn't them but the modem works just fine as does my router. Cable, which goes through the modem is working fine, though. This is all very frustrating.
BoD meeting with a plan yesterday. Signed them up for a service (free, but better for employees) we've been working on for a while (automatic 401(k) enrollment). In the process I got agreed to a smile and dial campaign for all current employees not saving in their retirement plan. I hate smile and dial. It's better for everyone, but god I fucking hate doing them.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Gonna write some reports, then interview someone to take over a part of my job that should never have been a part of my job.

Anyway, time to peruse some new tools to buy.

It's raining here so I'll probably finish the bike build today.
Me too! And by finish bike build, I mean swapping tires out on the hardtail. Thinking it's time I ride that a few times to appreciate having rear suspension. Also perusing drivetrains as I'm considering moving from 9sp (32t x 11-32t) to something a bit friendlier.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
allegedly tomorrow my weird fork arrives

got up at the ass crack to pick things up and put them down, then sprint on a bike like object without actually moving.

hoping the rain clears and I can get some MTB in. @StiHacka @CrabJoe StretchPants @Adventurous have you been out locally? How are the trails? Totally fuxx0rd or not too bad?
Last time I was out was Sunday morning in Borderland and they were in great shape. 98% dry. Smushy in a few places where the trails tend to hold moisture, but no mud and no ruts. Hoping the wind this afternoon helps dry out the precipitation from the past few days.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent last hour on phone w Comcast. Internet still down. We got it to work, conveniently, with one of their routers I had on hand for a moment, but then it died again.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

It's flattering to have so many dudes thinking about my nuts. You all are going to make me blush. :cupidarrow:

Have to say, been thinking about Sqeeb’s testicles a bit too much. I have had hypochondriac nut ache all day. Really hope you’ll be OK, bro.
For real though. I've had nothing but phantom pains in my groin since the day something "unusual" was found in my groin. :tinfoil:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
@Pesqueeb serious question..... did you only get checked out because of the discomfort you were feeling, or were you able to feel anything abnormal as well?
@jonKranked is correct. Thought (and probably actually did) I had done something to my back/given myself a hernia last Sunday after we got a bunch of work vehicles stuck in the snow during the last blizzard. All the pain/swelling was on the RH side. Went to work doctor the following Tuesday, got exam and an ultrasound. Ultrasound found the suspect tumor on my left testicle, and that's been the focus ever since. I've never felt anything abnormal, and several physical exams by doctors, even knowing what the ultrasound shows, have not resulted in anyone actually being able to physically feel the suspect tumor. Suspect tumor measures approx 1.4cm x 1 x 1, according to ultrasound.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Spent last hour on phone w Comcast. Internet still down. We got it to work, conveniently, with one of their routers I had on hand for a moment, but then it died again.
Have they tried rebooting their stuff and trying it again?

Bell, who provides one of our backbone connections from our buildings to a central datacenter had a problem and their only plan was to and I quote "lets try rebooting this router and see what happens".

The sad thing is that it worked. :(

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
@Pesqueeb thanks Shane. That's pretty crazy, it makes you realize how lucky you are you caught it when you did it sounds like.

I've always been in the habit of ignoring pain and other issues, and pass them off as something else, so something like this is always in the back of my mind. My track record with proper medical care is pretty terrible.... I really should change that, especially now as a dad.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@jonKranked is correct. Thought (and probably actually did) I had done something to my back/given myself a hernia last Sunday after we got a bunch of work vehicles stuck in the snow during the last blizzard. All the pain/swelling was on the RH side. Went to work doctor the following Tuesday, got exam and an ultrasound. Ultrasound found the suspect tumor on my left testicle, and that's been the focus ever since. I've never felt anything abnormal, and several physical exams by doctors, even knowing what the ultrasound shows, have not resulted in anyone actually being able to physically feel the suspect tumor. Suspect tumor measures approx 1.4cm x 1 x 1, according to ultrasound.
dumb luck rides again!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So is the moral of the story to do regular and thorough testicular self-exams?

Like 8x a day maybe? :D

Hope all goes well...

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here. Busy. No sleep due to constant back pain....

I've always been in the habit of ignoring pain and other issues, and pass them off as something else, so something like this is always in the back of my mind. My track record with proper medical care is pretty terrible.... I really should change that, especially now as a dad.
Ditto, need to book a physical soon, at wifey's request. She worries more than I do..

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Pesqueeb thanks Shane. That's pretty crazy, it makes you realize how lucky you are you caught it when you did it sounds like.

I was thinking about that the other day too. I had a blood draw 4 years ago, but my last regular visit to a primary care doctor was oh, 14 years ago? Same with the dentist. That's probably been a good 10 years. :shakefist:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
how are you even alive
I must be an extraordinarily healthy individual? Since I was a kid, I've only needed to go to a hospital twice, once for stitches, once to have surgery to repair a broken finger.

Otherwise, the most serious thing I've had is a staph infection. No illnesses, no chronic issues. I've lead a privileged life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I must be an extraordinarily healthy individual? Since I was a kid, I've only needed to go to a hospital twice, once for stitches, once to have surgery to repair a broken finger.

Otherwise, the most serious thing I've had is a staph infection. No illnesses, no chronic issues. I've lead a privileged life.
or you've done so many drugs that its keeping your corpse animated.