Quantcast

It’s a new day, amigos

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I was thinking about that the other day too. I had a blood draw 4 years ago, but my last regular visit to a primary care doctor was oh, 14 years ago? Same with the dentist. That's probably been a good 10 years. :shakefist:
Last physical was for college entrance, though I did have one a year ago during the Lyme disease/liver failure thing.

Last dentist appt was high school.

I'm ded.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
hopefully the last of the moving days/loads are happening today, planning on literally throwing the whole kitchen, laundry room and rest of my office contents into a dump trailer.

Been driving around the old flatbed the last week since I got the new transmission in it. Those old school trucks with bench seats are classics.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have they tried rebooting their stuff and trying it again?

Bell, who provides one of our backbone connections from our buildings to a central datacenter had a problem and their only plan was to and I quote "lets try rebooting this router and see what happens".

The sad thing is that it worked. :(
Smart ass. Rebooted, power cycled, and reset my modem. Same for my Google Home. And their modem. We got it to work once, when it was their modem, running hardlined
into the splitter with no Home plugged in, but the Home didn't work. Wanted to cross-check if it was the Home or modem, so plugged my modem back in and nothing worked - hardlined or wifi. Switched back to their modem and now nothing works. Things have always been routed hardline modem>Home>splitter with no issues. Now 2/3 don't seem to work.

I'm going to grab a new modem on the way home because we need connection immediately. Even if I can get hardline to work, neither Wifey's nor my personal laptop have a LAN plug to put into, so she can't use her work on specifically. Our desktop and my work laptop will work, but she can't use either. And I need a stable connection for my work VPN to work. My phone hotspot isn't accepted as a "secure enough" starting point, so I can't use it. I do have a Verizon WiFi puck, but have been having trouble getting it connected. It's a fucking mess.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
hopefully the last of the moving days/loads are happening today, planning on literally throwing the whole kitchen, laundry room and rest of my office contents into a dump trailer.

Been driving around the old flatbed the last week since I got the new transmission in it. Those old school trucks with bench seats are classics.
Oddly, that is one of my favorite things about my truck. The bench seat up front is awesome. Not sure what benefits a full center console would offer, other than another 14 big gulp sized cup holders.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I enjoyed 65 minutes of morning snuggles with my middle kid before venturing out of bed. It was quite nice.

Going to drop off my test work from home 4-monitor setup back with School of Medicine IT on campus in a bit. A few extra pieces of software are necessary. With any luck I'll pick it up from them this afternoon, as I'm working 5-10 PM Saturday. We'll see.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello all

I enjoyed 65 minutes of morning snuggles with my middle kid before venturing out of bed. It was quite nice.

Going to drop off my test work from home 4-monitor setup back with School of Medicine IT on campus in a bit. A few extra pieces of software are necessary. With any luck I'll pick it up from them this afternoon, as I'm working 5-10 PM Saturday. We'll see.
I don't know how you can have 4 monitors and note even an RGB keyboard. That's illegal in some states.
sips mt dew

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Goodbye Pesqueeb's ball
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold the juice
Of lil' 'squeeby crawlr's

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Fuck yeah I been rolling an 89 f150 inline6 4spd with a bench seat for a year now. Fills me with smiles whenever I slam the door shut and fire it up.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Got the second Moderna dose yesterday morning. Felt fine all day yesterday, but now have brutal body aches and no energy at all. Trying to grind through some work, but it's a struggle.

Need more coffee, I guess.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got the second Moderna dose yesterday morning. Felt fine all day yesterday, but now have brutal body aches and no energy at all. Trying to grind through some work, but it's a struggle.

Need more coffee, I guess.
On the bright side, You haven't broken a leg this year.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Back before Highland was formally open, our "race team" used to help cut trails in exchange for free runs at the end of the day well into the winter. Those days were fun.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's been a long week. So when I saw this at the liquor store today, I couldn't resist
1616790255155.png

A little "malty-er" than my preference, but it packs a punch, so I'll take it.