Quantcast

It’s Learly Again…Good Night/Good Morning Thread

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Doing DMV crap today. Jesus. Been told I need to translate the German docs when the legislation says I don't need to. The part the lady claims is not in Polish documents is literally in my mandatory technical checkup doc. Ffs. I need my car before Wednesday to visit the world cup.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, Turbo! Wife's 10 year old Trek triathlon bike has a small crack in the carbon frame. Trek has offered to replace it for free with the same frame, or give a $3000 discount on the new model. Wife took the discount. She's been thinking about a new tri bike anyway and I've been trying to convince her for a couple of years now. So, it was time. They are 50 days out. She will also need a new power meter, new KICKR (current one is not compatible with a thru axle), and a hard case for travel. :doh:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Wife and child were gone a good portion of yesterday and omfg was I productive. Amazing how much you can get done when left alone for a little while.

Non-ideal number of meetings for a Friday. Not a fan.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

allergies or low level schmutz hmmm

today I turn in my parking pass at work

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cold and rainy. 50° and will drop to the low 40s tonight. it's May and the furnace is on, will probably kick up the wood stove tonight. it was almost 90 last week.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Last day at job and coworkers are really looking forward to Monday. :rolleyes: Boss keeps thinking that I'm going to be doing a lot of extra work, but missed the memo that the new job is non-exempt (it's how the company is controlling vacation by defacto salary ee's; apparently people we're actually using it) so I'm not doing fuck all if I'm not on the clock.

MIL1 had a Dr appt yesterday and she was totally transparent about Friday night and her drinking in general, so a lot of other stuff is being reassessed. She has a lot of Dr appts over the next few weeks around reassessment of everything that she's been getting treated for. It's good that it happening, finally. The situation was bad, but net result has been good. It's also given Wifey more drive to be mindful around drinking. She has gotten incredibly good about it and has started tracking it using an app, which has really changed the amount that she it drinking. Hopefully this keeps going.

Still researching trailers vs. trucks and I think a trailer is going to be my real path. I've found a few that are lightweight, strong, have tall sides, suspension, and fit comfortably in the garage. More inconvenient, but if we end up with two karts, it will be much easier to work with.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Holy shit. A ruaway golf cart ran over Tamera the show photographer and myself. Her shoulder got dinged and her Camera got destroyed. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and started to spin out of the way. I got tossed 5 feet through the air. Bruised hip with a hematoma and a bit shakey. Still able to do my job. Fucking sore though20240510_080934~3.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@stoney you know my truck was $7k, right ('08 with 110k miles 4 years ago)? I looked at one the other day that was a '15 with 70k miles that went for $9500. Half ton Silverado quad cab 4x4 but it's WT trim (why I love it). GovDeals.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy shit. A ruaway golf cart ran over Tamera the show photographer and myself. Her shoulder got dinged and her Camera got destroyed. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and started to spin out of the way. I got tossed 5 feet through the air. Bruised hip with a hematoma and a bit shakey. Still able to do my job. Fucking sore thoughView attachment 211571
Uh... Somebody $$

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The wife is out of town for the weekend with her sisters at the coast. So I decided to treat myself to a round of golf at the Mt Hood resort tomorrow. I bought a discount voucher last year for $20 (it's usually $70). I'm excited, it should at least be funny.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My boss just scheduled a 3:30pm "catch-up" on my last day. W.T.F. There is nothing to catch-up with at that point. I'm setting up my laptop for my new job currently.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My boss just scheduled a 3:30pm "catch-up" on my last day. W.T.F. There is nothing to catch-up with at that point. I'm setting up my laptop for my new job currently.

calling an end of day meeting with departing employee is bad form

as a departing employee doing work for next employer while on old employer time is bad form