Quantcast

{~~~}It’s Thurpderpdey{~~~}

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well that was a fun meeting. Retirement board where one of the members knew that I was testing for my CFP, heard through the office chatter that I passed. During the meeting "so Mr. Stoney, now that you are a CFP, should we assume that you'll be leaving soon? Will the new advisor for our employees be anywhere as qualified?"

Not boss, but senior team member: :twitch::shocked:

I'm waiting to hear about that call. :rofl: Boss just got back this am too. Hell of a way to start the day.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Need to find an oldish history book for a work project. Went into a local history book shop. The theory that most history nerds are insane nutjobs rang true again. The owner started telling me how the KGB are really the ones behind Lech Walesa being elected. Since he speaks "like a stupid person and stupid people never get elected". I was very tempted to list all the stupid people that got elected in history but then realized the guy probably doesn't consider them stupid

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Need to find an oldish history book for a work project. Went into a local history book shop. The theory that most history nerds are insane nutjobs rang true again. The owner started telling me how the KGB are really the ones behind Lech Walesa being elected. Since he speaks "like a stupid person and stupid people never get elected". I was very tempted to list all the stupid people that got elected in history but then realized the guy probably doesn't consider them stupid
Goddam moran. :mad:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah decided to use her face as a brake while playing at school today. Top-tier. She won't let me take a picture, but hot damn. Forehead, nose, lip... She lost the fight with the ground.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Everyone wimped out of riding Kicking Horse again, so we drove to Revelstoke. Just checked in.

Buddy also went to the hospital and got a splint for his ankle. They confirmed its his achilles.

The drive here through the Roger's Pass area was wicked. Pretty cool seeing all of the avalanche sheds over the highway.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Kinda looks like @6thElement might be getting the business AGAIN. :(
Just a brief shower, no where near as heavy yesterday. We just rolled back into the garage as it started pouring.
Everyone wimped out of riding Kicking Horse again, so we drove to Revelstoke. Just checked in.
Going to need a Kicking Horse review.

edit: *Thunder is now making the house shake.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Buddy also went to the hospital and got a splint for his ankle. They confirmed its his achilles.

The drive here through the Roger's Pass area was wicked. Pretty cool seeing all of the avalanche sheds over the highway.
Maybe now he will finally have time to work on Arm Day at the gym. :p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hannah decided to use her face as a brake while playing at school today. Top-tier. She won't let me take a picture, but hot damn. Forehead, nose, lip... She lost the fight with the ground.
sounds like a chip off the ol' block

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The shop took off $190 for lying to me and stuff, so the bill was an even $4k. Ouch, I need to look at the build sheet. But the reality is she's all new from the ground up. It also looks like a 700r4 4 speed transmission is a straight swap, no drive line changes. So that might happen this winter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Maybe now he will finally have time to work on Arm Day at the gym. :p
He's our dad of the group. Gets senior discount on everything :rofl:

But he's just one of those naturally gifted riders. We've been on climbs where he'll crush it to the top, then loop back down to have a conversation with us, then go ahead and lap us back up. :rofl:

He ate it on Stickrock at Kicking Horse. Crashed, but came out without a single scratch. His foot didn't unclip and must have just reefed his foot up.

He's going to be our shuttle driver on Martha's Creek on Sunday. :brows:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just a brief shower, no where near as heavy yesterday. We just rolled back into the garage as it started pouring.

Going to need a Kicking Horse review.

edit: *Thunder is now making the house shake.
Will do when I get some time. Kicking Horse has a ton of terrain. The alpine stuff is very cool, if only just for the views.....and for experiencing that shale road descent with the gusting attempting to blow you off the mountain :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Every once in a while, you can get a positive in a flow of shit.

Haley's next race is in Satan's asshole, I mean Grand Junction. Since Wifey wanted to make it a family trip, that means we need a trailer for the kart. Which means we need to deal with a trailer the entire time we're there, because you don't disconnect and leave your U-Haul trailer at the track.

I ran into the dad that lives on our street while getting my warranty dealt with at Audi and he said they're taking their 30' trailer. Because of that, they can transit the kart. I just need to wheel it up the street next Wednesday.

I save $150 on the trailer, unlimited amounts of PITA, and no worries about damaging the kart in a U-Haul. Plus with no trailer, we can park out of the pit spot, which means we can send Wifey into town to get lunch. 10/10 FTMFW.

Oh, and Hannah decided to use her face as a brake today. Solid stopping power against the ground. Left a great impression...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

BC will do that to you. I have a bunch of friends in Squamish right now... Seems to be going well.

received_1004221154340776.jpeg