Quantcast

it begins now...SNOWSHOE WC BITCHEZ

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
$10 is for kids 5-12. older than that is $40, 5 and under is free. it's event access at the venue friday through sunday plus lift access (but obviously not for riding as the bike park is closed).

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
dunno, all the world cups i attended so far i never needed to pay anything to watch the race? neither in la bresse, in andorra and in val d'isere.
Stromlo and Cairns were free but (a) no one was gonna pay money to watch that and (b) its pretty hard to fence a mountain

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
IN the snow she case there’s really only one road in/out. Curious how it works out

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i suspect that part of the reason there is an entree fee here and not for other events would be higher costs of insurance for the event being that it's in the US.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
i suspect that part of the reason there is an entree fee here and not for other events would be higher costs of insurance for the event being that it's in the US.
Schladming also had an entrance fee into the pits/finish area if I remember right so it's not a US specific thing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Schladming also had an entrance fee into the pits/finish area if I remember right so it's not a US specific thing.
Schladming hasn't hosted a UCI event since they redid like half their resort prior to FIS championships a number of years back. They must really like money.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Schladming hasn't hosted a UCI event since they redid like half their resort prior to FIS championships a number of years back. They must really like money.
Maybe. The track is still there, still awesome. Overall I don't think it's strange to have paid access to the pit area.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I am surprised you guys have not figured out the fee is for riding your greasy asses around on the lift. Snowshoe is an upside down mountain. The pits will be at the top, and walking back up from the very bottom is a pure suckfest. I am sure the fee could be avoided if you don't ride the lift. This is the Appalachians. Lifts take money to run. Gas, ass, or grass, nobody rides for free.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am surprised you guys have not figured out the fee is for riding your greasy asses around on the lift. Snowshoe is an upside down mountain. The pits will be at the top, and walking back up from the very bottom is a pure suckfest. I am sure the fee could be avoided if you don't ride the lift. This is the Appalachians. Lifts take money to run. Gas, ass, or grass, nobody rides for free.
dr_science.jpg

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
gotta get my local peeps sorted out, then will open up teh haus to @ridemonkeys. have had giant house reserved basically at the lift since venue was announced. this one: https://www.vrbo.com/966282

plus the raleigh/durham monkeys have their own place nearby.
@jstuhlman hey man, any updates on this? i was bringing my van, so don't necessarily need a bunk but am looking for a parking spot to park the van. will be coming from Maryland. would also be willing and more than happy to chip in towards rental. not looking for freebie accomodations.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ellicott City. There is a goddamn caravan going from our shop/riding group, but two of us will prob be headed down Wednesday. What day you rolling through?
right now it's looking like i'll be heading down first thing friday AM from near Philly. Probably heading towards harrisburg then dropping down 81. staying w/ @jstuhlman et al

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
right now it's looking like i'll be heading down first thing friday AM from near Philly. Probably heading towards harrisburg then dropping down 81. staying w/ @jstuhlman et al
sweet. yeah man, if you guys have a spot, for sure let me know. I would be very interested.

after chatting with bartenders and mountain staff a couple weeks back it looks like latest estimates are 40k attendees. biggest event the mountain has ever held was the AMA National Enduro event a couple years back and that was only like 15k. they are fully expecting to run out of food/booze. bring as much as you can carry.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sweet. yeah man, if you guys have a spot, for sure let me know. I would be very interested.

after chatting with bartenders and mountain staff a couple weeks back it looks like latest estimates are 40k attendees. biggest event the mountain has ever held was the AMA National Enduro event a couple years back and that was only like 15k. they are fully expecting to run out of food/booze. bring as much as you can carry.
@jstuhlman aren't you close to oskar blues? brings some kegs

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
i gotta admit, i find that number kinda high. world champs at lenzerheide last year supposedly drew 65k spectators over the course of the entire event.
agree. just relaying the heresay. but that is ALOT of people. but then again it seems like every single mountain biker i talk to is going... good news is that at least there is 4G cell service at the top now so its not 5 days straight of being completely off the grid. my wife probably wouldn't appreciate that as much...