Quantcast

It got here already.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Something's missing... but I can't quite put my finger on it.....

(on a side note I'm f'ing hungry for General Tao's.)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The chrome Pista is freakin' gorgeous!

Brakes, I only run a front brake on my fixie.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
MMcG said:
Nice bike - throw some pedals on her and get to it Rip!

For some reason that frame looks big for your height though. What size is it?
The frame fits perfectly.

Just got back from my first ride on it, I absolutely love it. Should have picked one up along time ago.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Headset

VP AheadSet, 1" threadless

Handlebar

Bianchi steel track, 26.0mm

Stem

Bianchi alloy

Brakes/Levers

Alloy front caliper brake / single aero lever

Crankset

Truvativ Touro Track, 48T

Bottom Bracket

Truvativ Power Spline cartridge

Chain

KMC

Sprocket

16T fixed cog

Pedals

Resin, toe-clip compatible

Wheels

Bianchi hi-flange track hubs, Alex AT400 32h rims

Tires

Continental UltraSport, 700x23C

Saddle

Bianchi Velo

Seatpost

Alloy, 27.2mm

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I was at my local bar tonight and saw a couple of hipsters roll up on thier fixies. Fixies are pretty common in my neighborhood which I think is retarded because we have a bunch of decent sized hills. ie, riding around on a standard road double sucks.

What caught my attention is that they where running toe clips. As in the kind that you need to reach down and loosen as you come to a stop. Maybe that makes them hardcore but I think it makes them F'en stupid.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
buildyourown said:
I was at my local bar tonight and saw a couple of hipsters roll up on thier fixies. Fixies are pretty common in my neighborhood which I think is retarded because we have a bunch of decent sized hills. ie, riding around on a standard road double sucks.

What caught my attention is that they where running toe clips. As in the kind that you need to reach down and loosen as you come to a stop. Maybe that makes them hardcore but I think it makes them F'en stupid.
Were they fixies or SS with freehubs? The hipsters around here have bikes that fall into one of three categories...

A) Fixie. They don't ride them. Just push.

B) SS with freehub...the lazy man's fixie.

C) Thrift store road bike from the late 70s.

Scratch the just push thing. They just push most of them.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
That thing is so sweet. I love my track bike and have just as much fun riding it around as I do my mountain bike. The fixie hating is so old, seriously. I can understand making fun of people who just get one to look cool and push it around, but I don't know many people who do that. I <3 that track bikes. Have fun with that thing.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
That is really funny about all of the hipsters with fixies. Around here, it is the roadie crowd that has them (both old and young). They use them for their winter training rides. Something about you've got to have a 1000 miles on the fixie before you can get on your geared bike in the spring.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
buildyourown said:
...hipsters roll up on thier fixies...what caught my attention is that they where running toe clips...Maybe that makes them hardcore but I think it makes them F'en stupid.
Reckon I'm just a F'en stupid hipster then, huh?

edit: Blingin' bike, Opeth.