Quantcast

It happened again. Trails vandalized.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Some of my fellow freeriders informed me earlier today that our new Freeride trail has been destroyed. I haven't seen the damage first hand yet but apparently the perpetrators have destroyed several of our new jumps on the Freeride trails and also put nails in the landings of several other jumps. Fortunately, they didn't hassle with demolishing anything on the DH trail.

Rednecks Suck.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Built stunts seem to always get torn down.(wall rides,log rides,etc) Anything that makes the woods look manmade. Even though it's wood that comes from the forest ! Good luck guys.

I like natural terrain like Sugar mountain.

Even at "BIGFOOT mountainbike park"some of the built stuff get's wrecked on the small freeride trails.Some were made to have your front wheel fall into with the tar paper tacked back on as a trap.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I just wanna reiterate that the Clemson Freeride has full permission to do all the work we do. The forest director for Issaqueena comes out and examines and regulates everything we build.

I think I'm going to organize a work/ride day sometime within the next month or so to try and get a good bit of work done. I'll let you guys know the date when it's decided. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Well i wasnt aware this was going public but we did report it although that resulted in a mess. We got pickens county to come out and they tried to call clemson police (he referred to them as taxi police) since it is clemson's property but the clemson cop was lazy or something and complaining so he wouldnt have to come out there. The chances anything get done about it are slimly none to none. It sucks that some of the guys have devoted at least every other day to working out there but we're going to keep on building. A build day will be a possibility for the near future but we're still planning our battles at the moment.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Matt, is this area managed by Clemson or the USFS? Maybe the forest service guys could patrol more often. Anyway, sorry to hear about that, first it was Rizzle, now you guys! I've been wanting to come up there to ride, so let us know about a work day, I'd like to do an overnight ride/work/ride thing. Keep up the good work guys!!!!

Nails on the landings!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell is wrong with people. That's messed up. People are jacka$$es sometimes. I guess unless you catch them in the act there really isn't much you can do and even if you do catch them, what can you really do - legally that is, I know you could probably think of several things you would like to do.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Im going to miss Mike Rowe.

People are dumb, how they are getting to these things makes me wonder. I say we keep reporting hunters in the area so that park services has no choice but to patrol that area more. I also think we should find a way to take care of our litte friend in the toyata camry some how. All signs point to him and I have reported him before. The director was not pleased when I told him about him. Maybe some reminders about him and his unauthorized parking will do the trick. After all he is BLOCKING the gate....

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA

That would be awesome to take pics of people who go out there regularly to ride. Positioned accordingly at the drop and the wallride would be pretty bad ass. I dont think youre gonna catch any crooks with it though, and the last thing we need is to report to our director that something is unsafe with our trails.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
I was thinking the same thing on that camera Jon, it would be nice for action photos but chances are it wouldnt be right where the jacka** would come. As for the old guy, he does block the gate but at the same time thats what we have to do too so we cant really use that as our backing for battle. They changed the lock on the gate. Its bigger and the key wont come out after you unlock it unless you lock it back so we cant get the lock to come off the hook inside. So its either piss of DNR and drive around **cough cough** but of course we never do that, or park at the road.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
They are getting smarter. That other guy parks at the gate before ours and fully blocks it. We are normally smart enough to leave a space for someone coming in or out like you are supposed to.

Gunnar75

Chimp
May 16, 2007
If hidden properly, the cameras would catch them in the act and they would have no idea that they're movie stars. :monkeydance: I have two that I would donate for the cause. Let me know, I was planning on coming up sat 1-26 to ride the DH trail and could bring them if you want them.
-Matt

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Thanks for the offer Gunnar, but i dont think we'll need them after all. Chances are that this person wont come back for a really long time. I'll still ask our president about it though and see what he says.