Quantcast

It has been 2 weeks and 6 days

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Well it has been 2 weeks and six days since I got my ACL surgery and today, I pedaled a bike. It was on a trainer, and it was in my basement, but it was one of the best feelings in the world! I am so psyched!
It was only a day or so ago that I couldn't get my leg to make a complete circle now I can pedal! I can't wait till I am able to ride off the trainer now!

I am sure this seems a bit dull to those of you that have been finishing up their big rides but I am just so psyched that I had to tell someone! :thumb:

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Awesome man. I felt much the same way. Once you get all the way around on the bike it's like it's your birthday. Congrats. It goes quick from here for awhile. Big strides. It won't be until after a few months that the gains start to slow and are less visable, but it all comes together in the end.

:monkey:

Originally posted by Motionboy2
Well it has been 2 weeks and six days since I got my ACL surgery and today, I pedaled a bike. It was on a trainer, and it was in my basement, but it was one of the best feelings in the world! I am so psyched!
It was only a day or so ago that I couldn't get my leg to make a complete circle now I can pedal! I can't wait till I am able to ride off the trainer now!

I am sure this seems a bit dull to those of you that have been finishing up their big rides but I am just so psyched that I had to tell someone! :thumb:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Wicked! Good job getting things together after surgery and all. Keep working at it, you should be on a real bike in a few weeks or so.

ACL recovery sucks, but it can be fun to see yourself go through the stages.

The Ito

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Wow awesome man! Quick recovery you lucky bastard! haha took me 2 and a half months before I could ride the trainer, and over 3 before I could actually ride it offroad, first race of the season for me is this coming weekend though:)

hope the healing process continues to go well! congrats man

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Thanks everyone! Although one good thing gets offset by a bad thing so my Jeep broke down... Should be fixed today though, I am not really able to crawl around under the car still, so even the simple stuff has to go to the mechanic!

I have never been so psyched to ride a trainer before in my life! I am going to bring it up to my room so I dont have to walk so many steps to get to it.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Originally posted by Motionboy2

Feels good dont it! i'm in a similar boat too, 3 weeks and 1 day (ie yesterday)since i wrecked me shoulder i managed to cycle up n down the street! admittedly my hand cant get onto the bars under its own steam but thats not the point........ cause its just all good :cool:

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by scottishmark
Feels good dont it! i'm in a similar boat too, 3 weeks and 1 day (ie yesterday)since i wrecked me shoulder i managed to cycle up n down the street! admittedly my hand cant get onto the bars under its own steam but thats not the point........ cause its just all good :cool:
Congrats! It sure does feel good, it will feel even better when I can see my muscles in my leg again! it is pretty impressive how small it can get in just 2 weeks :eek:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Congrats. I took my first post-op DH runs at PKill last week and felt AWESOME. Its been so long since I have been able to push myself in any sort of serious athletic capacity. I don't count foot races with senior citizens. Still can't run, but I can jog.