Quantcast

It is Ballon!!!!

splat

Nam I am
first any one where that quote is from ?

2nd that is what I did this morning ! I have crewed for this ballon before . today was my turn time to go up!

first we must have fire ! I really though I had lost hair on my legs after this.

The ballon is up ! its name is Harmony !

Me and My son get ready to take off.

we off , Here is Minuteman Airfield in Stow Ma, were we took off from

THe view I have of our canopy

the view from up there ! absolutly spetacular.

ther ewere actually 2 ballons that together , here is ithe other one "Lucy"

and here is the GPS track of the 4.6 mile Float we did , we took off from Minuteman airfield and landed at Acton-Boxborough High School. it was amazing if you ever get teh oppertunity to get a hot air ballon ride TAKE IT !!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I can't exactly say why, but hot air ballons have always scared the isht out of me. I have no trouble jumping out of an airplane at 10k+ feet, but those ballons just look dangerous to me. Anyway, was it your first time up in one?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
steve45 said:
i was thinking just that :think:
:oink: :oink:

cool pics, splat. in case the opportunity ever arises i won't turn it down now :D

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Fabulous pictures! What a great way to start the weekend. I too have done the crew thing but have never been up. It is not unusual to see one pass through the back yard. One thing for sure, I sure wouldn't want to pull an overshoot on that airstrip!

Attachments

splat

Nam I am
reflux said:
Mine wasn't right? I was thinking of an SNL twist to said sitcom.
Nope ! From a Sit com that was on around the same time as Gilligans Island.

What was also intersting , the airport we took off from, Minuteman field in Stow.
had small resturant right on the runway , where after the flight we ate breakfast. the Matre'd also Had a radio , because he was also air traffic control for the airport.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Wow, looks amazing.

I'm imagining those same pics in late-september with the leaves changing... whew, sometimes I miss the Northeast (not in the Winter, Spring, or Summer, but sometimes...).

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I rode one in Sedona and the balloon dude flew this huge ****ing balloon through the little canyons and creeks. Amazing. Kinda slow though after a while.