Quantcast

It is FREEKIN' HOT!!!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
summer starts a month early in the south. i love it. we've been in the mid 80's low 90's for a couple of weeks and i am soaking it up. i love when i can't get from my house to the car before i break into a sweat. summer means beer, swimming, tank tops, flip flops,vacations, cookouts, riding. the whole season should be a national holiday.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have had a very cool spring so far. Normally we get hot wet air from the gulf that brings hot weather and big storms. So far this year we have been getting cooler dryer air out of the north, I love it.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It hit 99 in Dallas yesterday and it was 98 here. At least our current 4 week long drought has pretty much sucked all the humidity out of the air and it dryed out all the bike trails.

J

JRB

The trails are dry, but it is still high 90s with a pile of humidity. :dead:

extreme2

Chimp
May 17, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, It was 109 here yesterday in Phoenix. At this time of year, we head out to the trails at 6 A.M. and get back to the house around 10....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
It's kinda funny... my dad lives in Tucson, so I go out there an actually prefer the warmer temps but dry air over the typical northeast humidity of summer.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
It's kinda funny... my dad lives in Tucson, so I go out there an actually prefer the warmer temps but dry air over the typical northeast humidity of summer.
:stupid: We get the HEAT and the humidity.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Hmm... amazing how locations can differ... I'm fairly certain here in the NorthEast, we are having one of the coolest Springs in recent memory. My heater even kicked on this morning... whereas over the past few years, I'd have the A/C on by now...

J

JRB

Ian F said:
Hmm... amazing how locations can differ... I'm fairly certain here in the NorthEast, we are having one of the coolest Springs in recent memory. My heater even kicked on this morning... whereas over the past few years, I'd have the A/C on by now...
We turned ours on for the first time on Friday. Until then, it has been very pleasant with just open windows.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It was freaking amazing this weekend. Highs in the mid 70's, sunny with the occasional puffy white cloud. After spending some time out west all the greenery just seems amazing.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
So is it better to ride in the morning when it is mid 70's and 70% humidity or wait until the afternoon when it is the mid 90's and only 30% humidity?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Westy said:
It was freaking amazing this weekend. Highs in the mid 70's, sunny with the occasional puffy white cloud. After spending some time out west all the greenery just seems amazing.
Yeah it was amazing yesterday on my ride felt so nice. Definetly when i came back last summer from out west the greenery was a welcome sight.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
So is it better to ride in the morning when it is mid 70's and 70% humidity or wait until the afternoon when it is the mid 90's and only 30% humidity?
Afternoon - you knew I thought that.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
After our ride Friday, it got pretty hot sitting out on my deck with post-ride food and beer. It had to have gotten up to 68-69 degrees. I even had to take off my long sleeve shirt.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
After our ride Friday, it got pretty hot sitting out on my deck with post-ride food and beer. It had to have gotten up to 68-69 degrees. I even had to take off my long sleeve shirt.
I hope you busted out the sunscreen and kept hydrated.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I hate summer. Worst season EVER! (IMO, that is) It wouldn't be so bad if it was summer in the PNW, but I am dealing with summer in L.A. The smog gets even worse, fires, I can't enjoy my coffee because no matter how hot I brew it, it still feels cold. And I have to get up at the ass crack of dawn so I can ride without getting heatstroke. And I don't care where you are... 95 - 100 degrees is still 95 - 100 degrees. I don't buy that "But it's a DRY heat" BS. It's still friggen HOT!

So this year I am buying a big fat air conditioner for the bedroom and I am living in there all summer. I don't care what the GF says about the electric bill, dang it! I am not going to be a sweaty pig for the next 5 months!

F-U, summer. F-U in your stupid hot summer ass. Bring back Old Mr. Winter!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I used to live in New Orleans, which does not even come close to the misery of Central Texas. I live in San Fran now, which has average highs of 58 in January to 71 in September. The lows range from 46 to 56.

You can't beat this weather, and it only costs me 4 times as much to live here!

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
all bow down to the awesome weather of new england

May 23 Today
Cloudy with a few showers. High 53F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
May 23 Tonight
Cloudy with a few showers. Low around 45F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
May 24 Tomorrow
Cloudy with showers. Cold. High 49F. Winds NE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
May 24 Tomorrow night
A steady rain in the evening. Showers continuing late. Low around 45F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
May 25 Wednesday
Rain. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the mid 40s.
May 26 Thursday
Showers possible. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 40s.
May 27 Friday
Few showers. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 50s.
May 28 Saturday
Chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
May 29 Sunday
Showers. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
May 30 Monday
Showers possible. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 50s.

average temp today is low 70s - 20-25* below normal

/that is all

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I Are Baboon said:
Sounds like our weather for the last six months.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ciaran said:
I hate summer. Worst season EVER! (IMO, that is) It wouldn't be so bad if it was summer in the PNW, but I am dealing with summer in L.A. The smog gets even worse, fires, I can't enjoy my coffee because no matter how hot I brew it, it still feels cold. And I have to get up at the ass crack of dawn so I can ride without getting heatstroke. And I don't care where you are... 95 - 100 degrees is still 95 - 100 degrees. I don't buy that "But it's a DRY heat" BS. It's still friggen HOT!

So this year I am buying a big fat air conditioner for the bedroom and I am living in there all summer. I don't care what the GF says about the electric bill, dang it! I am not going to be a sweaty pig for the next 5 months!

F-U, summer. F-U in your stupid hot summer ass. Bring back Old Mr. Winter!
Although it gets friggen hot here come summer we have the benefit of a heavy canopy. I could not imagine riding in 100 degree heat in direct sunlight. Thank god for shade.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Of course the smart thing would be for me to MOVE (instead of just whining about it!). :D The five year plan calls for us to move north in year 5. All I have to do is make through the next 4 - 5 summers. Ack! Any of you PNW peeps want to give me a job so I can move?

me---> :nuts: <---summer

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ciaran said:
Of course the smart thing would be for me to MOVE (instead of just whining about it!). :D The five year plan calls for us to move north in year 5. All I have to do is make through the next 4 - 5 summers. Ack! Any of you PNW peeps want to give me a job so I can move?

me---> :nuts: <---summer
Come on out to SB for a weekend ride, it stays much cooler by the coast;)