Quantcast

It is that time of year again.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I have become bored of skiing so it is now time for snow jumps!

Spent about an hour tonight with the Bobcat moving and piling snow. I have a good start 4 piles about the size of a Bobcat and one alot bigger. I made sure to turn them and move the snow quite abit so the piles get good and solid tonight. They say we are supposed to get about 1-3" of new snow tonight, just more white dirt for building. The goal is to out do the jumps I had last year. This should not be a problem, I have more space and a Bobcat at my disposal this year.

Once I get batteries for my camera, or one of the kids helping me brings a camera I will get some pics.

The jumps I need out do:

Short snow jumping video

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
wow, really jealous man, wish it snowed here. why stop there man, if you got a bobcat why not make snow berms or even a snow pump track?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I might get into building a DS/4x course we will see. It would be good practice for building and riding, to get ready for the snow 4x coming up in March at Sunlight Mountain.

I am tempted to pack the in run and 50' tabletop on the moto track and give it a try on the skis.

FrontRangeDH I am over over in El Jebel.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Nice work! Awesome way to kill time in winter. When I still lived at home I made some with our Kubota, entirely gravity fed. Super fun!

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Cory: Don't break your arm. I expect to see you riding with us sometime this year.
The doc says I am all healed. I have taken a couple falls skiing already so I am confident the arm is strong again.

Trust me I want to back it back east real bad.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I have a good start on the jumps. Just a matter of watering them down to harden them. The first two are ready to ride.

Here are some pics so far.

You can see the Bobcat in the background to give you an idea on the size of the jumps. They progress from a 6' flat on the first to a 10' flat on the last.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Shweet!!! Skis or bikes, looks like a good time!!! Maybe see you later!
They are definitely for bikes. I have been eyeing the tabletop on the moto track for skis. There should be plenty of hill to get speed for it.

I probably will not be able to meet up with you guys today. I should get to bed I have to be to work in 7 hours.