Quantcast

-+-+-+-+-+-+ it is wednesday, my dudes -+-+-+-+-+-

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Tilt. Wanted a longer-rangier mile-munchier bike. I have STIh's old Riot and enjoy it but the medium is just too small for me, so I got the large Tilt.

Still trying to re-home the Riot.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
city living is for chumps
happy with my "city life" on a 1/2 acre lot backing up to a natural area within charlotte city limits...all the amenities relatively close by, probably 200+ miles of singletrack in a 30 minute radius, year round riding, mtns in ~2 hours; 3 lift served/shuttled options within 2.5...2400sf house plus screened porch was under $300k when we got it in 2006; prolly around $500k now...feel pretty lucky. honestly the older i get the smaller lot i'd want. our "natural areas" increase a bit each year. eff taking all that time to maintain/mow/etc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
happy with my "city life" on a 1/2 acre lot backing up to a natural area within charlotte city limits...all the amenities relatively close by, probably 200+ miles of singletrack in a 30 minute radius, year round riding, mtns in ~2 hours; 3 lift served/shuttled options within 2.5...2400sf house plus screened porch was under $300k when we got it in 2006; prolly around $500k now...feel pretty lucky. honestly the older i get the smaller lot i'd want. our "natural areas" increase a bit each year. eff taking all that time to maintain/mow/etc.
Charlotte is barely a city.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Charlotte is barely a city.
lol by what definition? a "city" is technically 50k+ inhabitants. there are ~1m in charlotte city limits and ~2.7m in its MSA. For city boundaries it's the 16th largest and for MSA it
it's 22nd. And it's been one of the 10 fastest growing for like...forever. Not thar that's a good thing, but yeah, it's a city. MSA bigger than Portland, Orlando, Pittsburgh, Vegas...so sure, not Philly or Boston, but certainly a city

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lol by what definition? a "city" is technically 50k+ inhabitants. there are ~1m in charlotte city limits and ~2.7m in its MSA. For city boundaries it's the 16th largest and for MSA it
it's 22nd. And it's been one of the 10 fastest growing for like...forever. Not thar that's a good thing, but yeah, it's a city. MSA bigger than Portland, Orlando, Pittsburgh, Vegas...so sure, not Philly or Boston, but certainly a city
congratulations you just defended the south

:busted: :homer:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
“City”

The city we just moved to has a population of 2,002. I always want to stop when driving past the “Welcome to the City of…Population 2,002” sign and vandalize it to read 2,004…

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I’m not sure what’s worse. Asking Ruth or using a timer. Glad I got to see your smile today though.
Fucking hell day. Shifty traffic. Idiot staff and I just got called out to go pick up a stranded client. His driver was stuck in a back up behind a wreck and the only alternative road is under 5 feet of mud. My day started at 0315 and it's now 1800 hrs. Kill me now