Quantcast

It just keeps getting better

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
10 years ago my Wifes right knee went to hell from a blown ACL and torn to crap meniscus. 6 surgeries and it was still hell. We couldn't bike, hike, run, swim, or scuba together. A big part of our relationship was taken away. Last December she had a total knee replacement, By February she could walk stairs, by June we could ride bikes again, In Sept we went off trail hiking in the Sierras for hours with no issues. Tonight she brought two sets of these home and said we were going winter hiking and snow camping :weee::weee::weee:

came with some nice carry bags too (dogs come separately)

she also mentioned something about getting new XC Ski Gear :thumb:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Nice. I got me some good snowshoes towards the end of last winter. Supposedly I need them for work, but otherwise they are great to get out in the snow. The lady that sold them to me said she teaches snowshoeing classes out in the mountains here and people will complain because they are sinking down 2-3 feet while wearing them in deep fresh powder. At that point she makes them take off the snowshoes and try to walk, which is basically impossible, so those people then shut up. I got a camelback pitboss and just need to get some ice-axes for some hiking near my house into the backcountry in the winter to hit some snowboard runs.

Sounds fun! Glad she's out and enjoying it.

Last edited:

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Nice. I got me some good snowshoes towards the end of last winter. Supposedly I need them for work, but otherwise they are great to get out in the snow. The lady that sold them to me said she teaches snowshoeing classes out in the mountains here and people will complain because they are sinking down 2-3 feet while wearing them in deep fresh powder. At that point she makes them take off the snowshoes and try to walk, which is basically impossible, so those people then shut up. I got a camelback pitboss and just need to get some ice-axes for some hiking near my house into the backcountry in the winter to hit some snowboard runs.

Sounds fun! Glad she's out and enjoying it.
Also an avvy class, beacon, shovel, probe, and friend with the same to go with you.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Yeah, my wife has two full knee replacements and a full hip replacement. It's nothing short of a goddam miracle. They can rebuild you now. It's just like the 6 Million Dollar Man, including the cost.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Also an avvy class, beacon, shovel, probe, and friend with the same to go with you.
And if I had worded it "all I need is", you would be correct. Jeeze, you left out underwear, ipod, phone, keys, dust mites, etc...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
10 years ago my Wifes right knee went to hell from a blown ACL and torn to crap meniscus. 6 surgeries and it was still hell. We couldn't bike, hike, run, swim, or scuba together. A big part of our relationship was taken away.
You wasted so much money. All you needed was to buy her some maxi pads.

Then you can go swimming, play tennis, go horseback riding...all while wearing white pants.

Can't find the America's Funniest Home Videos clip dammit......

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
And if I had worded it "all I need is", you would be correct. Jeeze, you left out underwear, ipod, phone, keys, dust mites, etc...
You said just, which could be interpreted very similarly to "all I need is."

Lots of fools out there think all they need to go into the back country is something like an ice axe. If you're not one of those and have everything else, great.