Quantcast

It makes a father Proud !

splat

Nam I am
About 2 weeks ago I led a Wednesday night ride for NEMBA , and ther ewer quite a few people. while we were waiting for everone , My son was out playing on the bridges we have. Well this father and son duo showed up the Kid I would find out was 12years old . Well Peter saw this Kid and Asked if he could go to. How could I say no ? I was just hoping he could keep up, After all Peter is only 9, Well Peter Owned this Kid!! Made me proud. Actually Peter was doing a pretty good job of keeping up with the adults , leaving a few of them behind too!

fast forward to tonight. My wife was at a Meeting at my daughters school, andthe Father and son were there and recognized my wife. they Chatted for a bit , and the 12 year old kid said to my wife he was still in disbelief that he got left in the dust by a 9 year old!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

It won't be long before he is leaving me in the dust !! :eek:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sweet! Proud pop moment for sure.

The best I have is I was glad my son didn't get arrested when he was spotted dressed as an escaped convict carrying a gun case on his way back from an urban air-soft event at 10:00 at night last weekend. He was surrounded by 3 cop cars based on sighting called in by people in the area. Had there been a 4th cop, he would have been cited for disturbing the peace. :D That's my boy!

However the cops did get a laugh when they were documenting his "flaming marshmallow on a stick" gang tattoo.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Sweet! Proud pop moment for sure.

The best I have is I was glad my son didn't get arrested when he was spotted dressed as an escaped convict carrying a gun case on his way back from an urban air-soft event at 10:00 at night last weekend. He was surrounded by 3 cop cars based on sighting called in by people in the area. Had there been a 4th cop, he would have been cited for disturbing the peace. :D That's my boy!

However the cops did get a laugh when they were documenting his "flaming marshmallow on a stick" gang tattoo.

DAD? :brow:

that has pretty much happened to me... excpet for the cops... instead they were hikers with floppy hats and walking sticks... weapons much more lethal than my airsoft gun.

Splat, that is really cool. Im happy he is good at bicycling.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
right on splat! give him a big thumbs up! at our local parks bike fest 2 weeks back a couple of brothers 9 & 13 led the adult beginner ride! just think he could be doing that now also! I know he probably knows the trails by your house better than most adults that ride there!

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
The only thing that stinks is when your kids get hurt, it hurts us parents ten times worse...My 13 year old daughter faceplanted off a rock last night and landed head first..also skinned up her shoulder...ouch.....

splat

Nam I am
The only thing that stinks is when your kids get hurt, it hurts us parents ten times worse...My 13 year old daughter faceplanted off a rock last night and landed head first..also skinned up her shoulder...ouch.....
I know , I know . My wife cringes at watching him , jump and doing high narrow bridges , But As I tell her ( and Believe) he has to crash , otherwise he won't learn .

still it is so hard to watch/Have happen

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I know , I know . My wife cringes at watching him , jump and doing high narrow bridges , But As I tell her ( and Believe) he has to crash , otherwise he won't learn .

still it is so hard to watch/Have happen
What's worse is when you're not there. I got a call from Portland fire and rescue when Brandon took a header and was out cold. He was bombing down a hill, crashed and rolled onto someones lawn. They called 911 and they got his home number out of his wallet. I beat the ambulance there and took him to the ER myself after he was checked out by the guys on scene.

But you're right about learning the hard way. It makes you humble and know your limits.