Quantcast

It Never Ceases to Amaze Me.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Someone took the last bagel?
"The Last ______" in or office has the mark of the beast on it. Nobody will ever take the last cookie, last chocolate, last bagel, last cup of coffee, the last what-ever.....

It's kind of a funny human condition... or atleast the humans in my office.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
She forgot to put a cover sheet on her TPS reports... and the situation just escalated from there.

She was recently spotted with an automatic weapon and some SWAT armor, coming out of the restroom. The men's rest room :eek:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stosh said:
"The Last ______" in or office has the mark of the beast on it. Nobody will ever take the last cookie, last chocolate, last bagel, last cup of coffee, the last what-ever.....

OK Stosh, we KNOW you placed the mark there!!! :eek:

(As a side note, this, in fact, is the mark of the beast: :stosh: )

:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sirknight6 said:
OK Stosh, we KNOW you placed the mark there!!! :eek:

(As a side note, this, in fact, is the mark of the beast: :stosh: )

:D
Is that your own twisted way of hitting on me?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
She forgot to put a cover sheet on her TPS reports... and the situation just escalated from there.

She was recently spotted with an automatic weapon and some SWAT armor, coming out of the restroom. The men's rest room :eek:

She wrote BTK on her shirt with printer ink.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
MMcG said:
what happened Suzy?
A series of events just piled up to reach the giant suck level. :nopity:

Well, for one thing, they brought this guy in at my level with like NO experience and he walks around asking stoopid questions that he SHOULD know the answers to if he's in this position. Then another of the recent hires is a woman who just has to argue about everything. It isn't overtly hostile but I can't even have a conversation without her raising an "alternative viewpoint".

The topper is that I'm now supposed to interview someone to do the job I've been doing for the last year(that is not only my area of expertise, but I love doing) so that I can be moved into a functional area of our group(which I've also been doing for the past year) that I detest. It's one of those deals where they've decided to hire for the wrong function.

I was hoping that this might be THE ONE to stay with until retirement. However, it has sparked a conversation with my hubby about moving to the left coast and so the resumes are out with companies in the Bay Area. We'll see.

The Cheese

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
stosh said:

Same here although people have a habit of breaking the last cookie, bagel, chocolate, little debbie in half and leaving the last bit to die a slow death on the break room counter top.
They leave the poor bastard just lying there for all to see, like some tribute or sacrifice to the break room gods.

I don't understand it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DVNT said:
Same here although people have a habit of breaking the last cookie, bagel, chocolate, little debbie in half and leaving the last bit to die a slow death on the break room counter top.
They leave the poor bastard just lying there for all to see, like some tribute or sacrifice to the break room gods.

I don't understand it.
ha, nobody's ever gone that far.... I wonder why people do things like that....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
DVNT said:

I don't understand it.
yep - people do that here too. If it's big enough to break in half, they'll do it. We always end up with 1/4 of a bagel/cookie/donut/whatever left at the end of the day.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
yep - people do that here too. If it's big enough to break in half, they'll do it. We always end up with 1/4 of a bagel/cookie/donut/whatever left at the end of the day.
There are two women who come into our department when we have food, and will break even the half pieces in half. They will basically keep coming in, breaking in half whatever's left, until tiny fragments remain, but they will never take the last piece.

Both very nice women and I am good friends with one of them, but their snacking habits are absurd. They'll take half the brownie. Then half of the half. Then half of that. Right down until there's a quarter inch square piece of brownie sitting in the middle of the plate. :rolleyes:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
it's a disorder.

There has to be some ridiculous scientific name for it somewhere or maybe in a Seinfeld episode.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SuzyCreamcheese said:
A series of events just piled up to reach the giant suck level. :nopity:

I was hoping that this might be THE ONE to stay with until retirement. However, it has sparked a conversation with my hubby about moving to the left coast and so the resumes are out with companies in the Bay Area. We'll see.

The Cheese
Sorry to hear...HOWEVER...should you join us here in the Bay Area, I would like to welcome you with some drinks at Tommy's! :D

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
(Sigh) Tommy's. Oh how I love thee. Julio is the maestro/mad professor of Tequila.

We get donuts on Fridays. By 11 am there is nothing left but halves and thirds. They sit there all day, then (get this) someone actually saves them for Monday!!! They put 'em on a plate in the fridge, then put them out on the counter on Monday, so when we go for coffee Monday morning we see crusty, three-day old half-eaten pastries...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
OGRipper said:
(Sigh) Tommy's. Oh how I love thee. Julio is the maestro/mad professor of Tequila.
Hey! you know Tommy's? As in Tommy's Joynt? On Van Ness and Geary???? I LOVE Tommy's!!! When all these people from other states were recommending restaurants and pubs to Suzy on her recent trip to SF, I secretly recommended a coupla places (Tommy's and Bocce Cafe) to her, and she wrote me back to tell me how she loved Tommy's! Tommy's is AWESOME!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
dh girlie said:
Hey! you know Tommy's? As in Tommy's Joynt? On Van Ness and Geary???? I LOVE Tommy's!!! When all these people from other states were recommending restaurants and pubs to Suzy on her recent trip to SF, I secretly recommended a coupla places (Tommy's and Bocce Cafe) to her, and she wrote me back to tell me how she loved Tommy's! Tommy's is AWESOME!

Funny, yeah I know Tommy's Joynt on Van Ness and Geary...but I was talking about Tommy's Mexican on Geary near 24th. The bar is stocked with nothing but quality tequila. The selection has been noted as the best in the country, if not beyond, and Tommy's son Julio is (seriously) an internationally-known tequila expert. They make fresh lime margaritas that are (no contest) the best in town. That's what I thought you were talking about. If you've never been you gotta hit it.

But uh yeah Tommy's Joynt is fun too... :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
OGRipper said:
Funny, yeah I know Tommy's Joynt on Van Ness and Geary...but I was talking about Tommy's Mexican on Geary near 24th. The bar is stocked with nothing but quality tequila. The selection has been noted as the best in the country, if not beyond, and Tommy's son Julio is (seriously) an internationally-known tequila expert. They make fresh lime margaritas that are (no contest) the best in town. That's what I thought you were talking about. If you've never been you gotta hit it.

But uh yeah Tommy's Joynt is fun too... :thumb:

Oh WOW! I will definitely hit that place up! I LOVE tequila...and a fresh lime margarita...mmmmmmmmmm! I cannot wait to go there!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
dh girlie said:
Oh WOW! I will definitely hit that place up! I LOVE tequila...and a fresh lime margarita...mmmmmmmmmm! I cannot wait to go there!
Oh yeah if you love tequila you will love Tommy's. It's one of the worst-kept secrets in SF, so it can get crowded at the bar. It's not cheap, but the tequila is all 100% agave. They have a bottle of Cuervo Gold somewhere behind the bar but they impose a hefty surcharge on anyone that orders that swill. But don't be intimidated, they are really cool about educating people about the differences between 100% agave (the only tequila to drink) and the rest. The food is just ok compared to some of the better Mexican in town, but after a few margaritas it seems to taste a lot better! I have adjusted my attitude on many afternoons in there.

And soon, whenever someone says they went to "Tommy's" you will no longer be thinking about the Joynt... :sneaky:

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
DVNT said:

I don't understand it.
'hey who ate the last bagle?'
'i did, **** off'

i dont think i will be like in an office enviroment.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
OGRipper said:
Oh yeah if you love tequila you will love Tommy's. It's one of the worst-kept secrets in SF, so it can get crowded at the bar. It's not cheap, but the tequila is all 100% agave. They have a bottle of Cuervo Gold somewhere behind the bar but they impose a hefty surcharge on anyone that orders that swill. But don't be intimidated, they are really cool about educating people about the differences between 100% agave (the only tequila to drink) and the rest. The food is just ok compared to some of the better Mexican in town, but after a few margaritas it seems to taste a lot better! I have adjusted my attitude on many afternoons in there.

And soon, whenever someone says they went to "Tommy's" you will no longer be thinking about the Joynt... :sneaky:
I will definitely hit it up...I am used to paying top dollar for tequila...I'll pass on it before I drink sh!tty tequila. I would never be intimidated and they won't need to educate me on tequila, just serve it up...trust me on this one brrrruuuthuuhhhh! Thanks for the tip...I'm looking forward to hitting that place up!

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
dh girlie said:
I will definitely hit it up...I am used to paying top dollar for tequila...I'll pass on it before I drink sh!tty tequila. I would never be intimidated and they won't need to educate me on tequila, just serve it up...trust me on this one brrrruuuthuuhhhh! Thanks for the tip...I'm looking forward to hitting that place up!
They won't know what hit'em!

The Cheese

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
dh girlie said:
Nice, I like your approach and think you will love Tommy's. I might be going tomorrow night, I'm heading to whistler for a week on friday morning and hope to have a proper send off!! Oh man, so thirsty all of a sudden....

J

JRB

Last Monday I handed one of the ladies $200,000 in POs. They were the original copy that was hand delivered when we had a meeting. Instead of the usual fax. I asked today why they were not entered and she said, "I didn't know they were real". OK lady, we pay you $30,000 a year for your role on Fantasy Island. WTF???