Quantcast

It's 10:00 AM EST....

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
...and the new guy in the cubicle next to me is eating a cheesesteak, chips , and a diet coke. When I arrived this morning at 8:00, he was eating a bagel w/cream cheese. At 9:00 he stepped out and returned with a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich. If he sticks to his routine, he'll pick up the phone at 11:00 and order enough Chinese food to feed several people ("and don't forget my hot mustard...I need a lot of hot mustard, at least 12 packs..."). The man is a heart attack in a suit. :dead: What is it about Govt. contractors? My office looks like an episode of "The Biggest Loser" on weigh-in day. [/rant]

The good news is that I'm giving notice in a month. :D

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Man what I wouldn't give for a cheesesteak, I havent' had a decent cheesesteak in years, if the tried to make one here they probally would chicken fry it.....

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Barbaton said:
mmm. 3000 calories before lunch. We should start a pool on what he has for lunch. :)
I'm guessing he will leave for lunch...probably somewhere with a buffet...

Where do you find a cheesesteak sandwich at 10:00 in the morning?

J

JRB

What does it really matter to you??? Did he make you eat one???

I wish I could stay home with Caroline.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
corey_dcstreet said:
jealous mr mom wannabe here too ... actually i just wish ONE of us could stay home with the kid. :think:
I didn't think we could do it. Once my wife went on maternity leave, her company realized how much she does and that they really want her to come back. They called about a month ago and offered her a promotion and nice raise to come back to. So, her leave is up in April and mine begins.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
BikeGeek said:
For the record, he broke from routine and just returned from Taco Bell.
Dude, it's time for an intervention! Ninja kick the burrito from his hand and the explain to him that you really care about him and you're worried.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
corey_dcstreet said:
we couldn't afford to live here on one salary ... DC ain't cheap.
that is for sure!!!

Hey Corey, I was talkin to Biggins and he linked me to the vid of his armbreakage... was the first band in that "the Bronx"?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stinkyboy said:
Ninja kick the burrito from his hand and the explain to him that you really care about him and you're worried.
But that would imply that I do. Let's not forget that this is the coworker portrayed in a thread from several months ago in this MS Paint masterpiece depicting the hell in which I work.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
corey_dcstreet said:
DC ain't cheap.
No kidding. That's one of the reasons I'm taking the classes. I need some skills/experience that is a little more attractive to non-DoD companies so I can get the hell out of here.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
SkaredShtles said:
There are a number of defense contractors out here in sunny CO. :sneaky:
Yeah, my current company is one of them. I'm tired of the whole DoD environment. I've been offered several defense jobs in New England, which is where I'd like to end up, but I just can't stomach it anymore.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. Make it happen. If you really want to - go somewhere cheaper. Slash your standard of living. Seriously. They're only little once.
working on it. trying to find a job in raleigh or knoxville.

brungeman said:
Hey Corey, I was talkin to Biggins and he linked me to the vid of his armbreakage... was the first band in that "the Bronx"?
yup, it's the bronx's "they will kill us all (without mercy)". i'm still crazy about that CD. yet another big plus in the 'moving to knxville' column, being only 3 hrs from asheville!!

bg, i missed that paint masterpiece the first time around. thanks for reposting!! :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BikeGeek said:
But that would imply that I do. Let's not forget that this is the coworker portrayed in a thread from several months ago in this MS Paint masterpiece depicting the hell in which I work.

You work with Dick Cheney?

:eek: