Quantcast

It's 3:00am and i'm listening to opera

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
while i'm sitting here not being able to sleep i decided that i want to listen to some opera, and i realized i really like opera, especially the extreamly dramatic and bold sounding opera...anyone else like it, or know of any good opera songs?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I don't know any opera. I'm listening to "born to be wild" by The Cult. Before that, I listened to "crazy train" by Ozzy Osbourne. I really like channel 6,019, Classic Hardrock.

splat

Nam I am
cannondalejunky said:
while i'm sitting here not being able to sleep i decided that i want to listen to some opera, and i realized i really like opera, especially the extreamly dramatic and bold sounding opera...anyone else like it, or know of any good opera songs?
I do enjoy some from time to time. I have some Verdi, Handel and wagner, and of course how can you go wrong with Bizet's Carmen.

J

JRB

Opera at 3 am is way better than listening to skaredsh*thead bitching about being on call. :think:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I don't know if it is actually classified as opera...

but I love "Figlio Perduto"

Quick snippet

and... if you like Opera, you might like The East Village Opera Company. They're Rock Opera, which sounds like Queen and the Who.
Nessun Dorma

La Donna e Mobile

They were kind enough to let my students (animation) incorporate one of their songs into a project for a competition... so I owe them.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
splat said:
I do enjoy some from time to time. I have some Verdi, Handel and wagner, and of course how can you go wrong with Bizet's Carmen.
Carmen is an incredible opera! Can't wait to see it again!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Velocity Girl said:
:thumb: Puccini's La Boheme is also great.

I would also suggest listening to Verdi's Requiem and Orff's Carmina burana...not opera, but SO powerful and truly amazing works to listen to!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I lived with an opera major in college for a half a year and I wanted to strangle her on a daily basis. When you're awakened at 6 a.m. on a Saturday to those shrills coming from your own shower, the music suddenly lacks any beauty.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Velocity Girl said:
Carmen is awesome. I need to get a good recording of that some day so I can learn the words and sing along at the top of my lungs.

TOR-E-ADORA, TOR-E-ADORA!!!!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
jdschall said:
Carmen is awesome. I need to get a good recording of that some day so I can learn the words and sing along at the top of my lungs.

TOR-E-ADORA, TOR-E-ADORA!!!!
By far my favorite song!!!!!

My dad and I laugh about the fact that it's our favorite opera because it's about a tramp...I mean come on, what's not to like :p

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Velocity Girl said:
By far my favorite song!!!!!

My dad and I laugh about the fact that it's our favorite opera because it's about a tramp...I mean come on, what's not to like :p

What's even better than that is that we reinacted it in my 7th grade music class. Oh yeah. Take that moral standards.