Quantcast

It's a good lookin Sunday

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
We were out there, and crusin around. Had crowds all over the place.

We were jumpin up and around, 360 exitin' ledges, and coppers came. People eating actually BOOO'd at having their entertainment leave while they were enjoying their meals.

Relocated, got another crowd- hellz yeah.

The start of the session sucked. I got 2 flats, back to back. Ran to the car, threw the bikes in, hauled ass to Turin got a tube that actually is made for a 2.5 tire.
I was really Pissed.

So yeah--- GIRLS ARE OUT TODAY! Get on out there son. Brian and Matt are out screwing around. (Brian on the Haro FS and Matt on the green BMX, with some random guy on a FS who I dont know)

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
I was smashin on the mall from about 10:00 to 12:00. Where were you guys riding? I'm gonna go back out here pretty soon

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
There were like 200 + people up there a half hour ago. Hard to pick a line, but what the hell.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
Yeah sorry guys I didn't get out till late so I just tooled around the DTC a little closer for me. Got the Headset reducer and the chase up and running the bike is awesome. The only one in Colorado that I could find was at Golden Bear in Broomfield so I hightailed it there...they ripped me off when buying it...45 bucks when I can normally get them for around 20, but I was desparate.....I love the geometry. We'll have to get together tomorrow night.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Talking to all the ladies off the mall.

God I love warm weather, downtown, and all the ladies.

I feel its more about the crowds that enjoy watching the spectical of guys on bikes with no seats.

And the "robot guy" hates Julian and I now. We totaly stole his crowd right there just on that ledge by the Virgin store. As we were leaving back to the car, he was mean muggin us like we jacked his lady or something.

-edit- we also ride everyday and look foward to 16th on Sunday as just the day to relax, ride around and enjoy life. You know?

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
We'll have to get together tomorrow night.
Sorry boys, I'll be in Moab. It'd be cool to meet up with all of you one day. Have fun tomorrow, though.

On another note - the park was rippin' this evening. And camera steezing kev master, I see too damn much dirt during the summer, and fall, and half way through the winter . . . :twitch:

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
All right guys the chase is running fantastic....great weather today I'll definately be riding after I get out of this office today. Month end financials are in and finalized so no staying late I'll be out at about 3 pm ready to ride at 4pm. Not sure where yet. Maybe downtown, maybe the flumes, maybe a skate park. Maybe all three. Hey Chance if you wanna meet up with Rob and I later let me know. Kenny has to work but he should be out with some sunlight left. Just give me a holler

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
I've always liked the Chase frame. I was checking one out the other day, and would like to get one some time.

How does it ride? Better than the GT? How does it feel airborne? Next time we ride your gonna have to let me play around on it for a while.

My schedule is looking pretty crappy this week. I am working right now, til 7am, then have to come back to work by 3pm. I am working Wed. graveyard, then off Thursday and Friday. I will end up sleeping majority of Thursday away. But I will get up and riding in the afternoon. Friday is payday, and I have to get my check into the bank, I'm running really low on funds with my move and home plumbing problem costs. Ive replaced so far a kitchen sink, redone 2 toilets, and fixed some random leaking.

I still havent had a chance to get the DJ into the shop. I dont even really ride it with the arrival of the Ivan frame. I rode it into work tonight and it feels like ****. Front and Rear brakes wont even lock, that little BB play and thats it, shocks feel ok, but not great. I'm going to rip apart some things tonight while I have some time and see if I can get the brakes to at least feel a little better.

chinkerjuarez

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Englewood, CO
The Chase frame feels great...a lot better geometry than the Ruckus. I liked the Ruckus geometry but the Chase just feels more nimble like it can be whipped around better. I haven't jumped it yet put it feels great and solid off of drops just floats in the air. I'll let you tool around on it and you can tell me what you think.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
I got my GED up and running to proper status. I took it into Alpha, ripped it totaly apart, cleaned everything in the solvent tank, lube, greese, the works.

She feels like a bike again. I should have taken better care of it over the winter, because that salt seems to get into everything.

Wednesday Julian and I are planning on going out. As to where we dont know as of yet. We dont really feel like going all the way downtown, but DTC is probley going to be the spot.

Anyone down to thrash DTC tomarrow?

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Looks like Sir Julian and myself are taking a road trip. We are going to someplace but we dont really know yet. Were thinking about checking out the Westminister park, from the pictures online it looks to be pretty "trialsey"

Guess we will find out later.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Ya, finally the sun is comming back out. We gotta hit something up. Let me know when you're gonna head out Jason.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Time to upgrade.:twitch:

Profile hubs performed a ton better for me when I rode trials. I could not wait to get rid of my King.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
but technically i said "that i'd rather ride"... those extra hundred i'd rather not.
Got me there, that other hundred does suck :twitch: The fact of the matter is, riding street makes up 85% of my time on the bike. What better place to ride street than downtown? There isn't any. That the 16th street mall is the artery of that activity is not my fault, I just make the most of my local trail, and in my opinion a potentially technical one. You just have to apply yourself and then no matter where you ride, you're going to have a good time.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
part of riding for me is getting away from people. if i ride street or trials anymore around boulder it pretty much pisses me off to ride campus. same thing with downtown and 16th st mall. there are so many little nuggets hidden away all over the place that arent crawling with people that i would rather ride. also a big part of riding is exploring and finding something new even if it's something really small. i dont think i've found anything new on 16th for 4 years.