Quantcast

***It's a Saturday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Up at five, need to be in uniform and picking up a show handi talkie at 6:30 first rider starts at 7:15. My coffee is strong and smooth this morning and kicking me into gear. Funny how getting back into shape changes perspective. I walked 8 miles last night and I was bummed that I ran out of light to go further. Should have stuck a headlamp in my pack.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woke up at 5am to poop. :brow:

Up again, this time making coffee and about to leave for bike riding time. Riding my "local" trails with a buddy. Trying to think of a good route. I know they hate climbing and this place has no shortage, but the rewards are great. We'll probably end up climbing just as much as our epic on Wednesday, but in literally half the distance.

What goes up, must come down. :weee:

Have a good one yall.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Two back to back rides on the SS this morning, just finished the first one with my next door buddy and on to the second one with my colleague.

I am le :dead:.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
rained a bunch last night, and still really cool (50*) outside this morning, but I need to drag my ass out for a long ride someplace or I'll lose my mind.

coffee grumble grumble...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
still grinning from yesterday's ride...
drinking coffee, charting out the day. various chores/errands need to happen.
was thinking about dawn patrol mtns ride tomorrow, but may stay local instead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride completed. Asses were kicked and roots were crushed. Now enjoying ciders under a tree in lawn chairs.

Life could be worse.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
rained a bunch last night, and still really cool (50*) outside this morning
I rode at White Ranch at the usual early hour (6:45? at trailhead). I dressed like it was summer, which is not the case any more. Mid climb was fine but it got chilly again up top. Trails were in good condition except Shorthorn drainage isn't great.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I rode at White Ranch at the usual early hour (6:45? at trailhead). I dressed like it was summer, which is not the case any more. Mid climb was fine but it got chilly again up top. Trails were in good condition except Shorthorn drainage isn't great.
You need to post moar pictures in your riding pictures thread! :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh look, another beer has made its way into my hands. Not sure how it got there, but this situation needs solving.

Off to a birthday party BBQ thing.

Who turned on the heater outside? Holy crap.....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I was at the trailhead at 7am for moar earlier/bearable heat conditionz.

Sold my yeti last night. It will have a much easier life under its new owner. Guy nearly fell off during his test ride on the very tech sidewalk in front of my house...

My new unrideabru dentist mobile is working out well. Found a good little sneaky trail that gets me back to my house on more interesting terrain.

Mowed the lawn, now waiting to jump on a Thule box I'm aiming to nab. The ol Mazda 5 needs more capacities for family camping trips.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sold my yeti last night. It will have a much easier life under its new owner. Guy nearly fell off during his test ride on the very tech sidewalk in front of my house...
I remember hucking my first BC curb back in the day... I did it on a full rigid. Terrifying at first until I discovered nearly every driveway has a convenient pussy-go-round that makes things easier. :thumb:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went to my former step-father's memorial service today. he was my step dad only two years, but I was 14-15, so those were formative years. but he was really rad. I'm sad he's gone.

watched the olympic womens "mtb" race today. I've tried to refrain from criticizing the xc race courses in the past, but that course was really lame. sure, it looks like the climbs were steep, but it was so wide. and so smooth. honestly, i think they could ride that course with cyclocross bikes much faster.

while i was at the hardware store today, I saw marine jb weld. I figured I'd try it out on my torn sidewall. it's a tiny tear, right at the bead, not all the way through the tire. if it gets me through the rest of the season on the tire, I'll call it a win.

supposed to rain tomorrow. which is ok I guess, that'll give the jb weld time to set.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Lawns mowed, trimmed, and sidewalks blown, kids ferried from park in bike trailer, burgers and sausages grilled, and now chilling in perfect 70 degree weather on the patio. I like this season, whatever it is.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ha, I totally rode today! Company picnic at Ski Bowl with free rentals. 2 bikes, one way better than the other. Giant Stance (was an XL, all they had).

Not a fan, but it was a little aggressive for this bike I think. Flexy and the 27.5 felt HUGE. :rofl:

I didn't go to the top with it, I knew it wouldn't make it. Then they got a return on a Glory (Large, yay). Much better for the DH run fo sho, so to the top I went.

I started down Cannonball and it seems that trail has been modified (for the better, but I was not prepared) and about 100 yards in, I knew I was way over my head, so I backed out. :panic:

Holly hell, what a day. I haven't done Ski Bowl DH in 8 years. I am old, but oh it was fun as hell. I know I need to ride more 27.5 because I think it makes sense. But to me the wheels felt clumsy, but I'm sure that was all me. It just felt good to go fast again (even though I know I was totally slow).

Winning.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
highs here in 90s for at least next 10 days. fall weather?...BRING IT. was definitely cooler up in the hills yesterday. only bad part was this fucker doing this to some of the access/connector bits:

trails were left alone but all the brush was all over what was left of the forest roads, as well as a muddy mess of machine tracks.

got a pack of stone mocha double ipa tonight. new to me. most impressive.

riding local tomorrow am. thinking of trolling a group ride of people i don't know on the trails that i/my small club build and maintain. just for shits n giggles.

Last edited:
First Fall of the year. The usual suspects are already turning yellow in the yard and on the greenway. They are always the first to turn. We'll get an Indian summer here probably within the next 4 weeks, then the 3 days of actual fall, then 9.5 months of winter.
Yeah, I was up on a local ridge a day or so ago and noticed that poplars are already shedding leaves sufficient to be noticeable on the trail.