Quantcast

...it's a YouTube extravaganza!

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Norm was a funny guy.
Absolutely. It's not a fabricated backstory that he'd graduated HS at 14yo and enter College at 16. A total showman for his trade there.

Personal connection to him and his family was as a very young kid him, his brother and parents would have a summer at shoreline cottages here in New England where we'd became quick acquaintances - late 70's into the earliest of the 80's. Tragically I'd lost my only sibling and older Sister around that time. having large family it was one of the biggest Services in the City we'd been told but - Norm and his Family attended. They'd seen the story in their Montreal Canada newspaper and traveled to show the respect. Will never forget them for this, I truly miss having him perform.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Sitting on the edge of my crappy computer chair (why'd I buy from CrapCo Ind I have no idea - all they make is Crap) waiting for his very good friend Dave Chappelle to have his New Year Netflix comedy special. Chappelle is just another master linguist like Norm.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Absolutely. It's not a fabricated backstory that he'd graduated HS at 14yo and enter College at 16. A total showman for his trade there.

Personal connection to him and his family was as a very young kid him, his brother and parents would have a summer at shoreline cottages here in New England where we'd became quick acquaintances - late 70's into the earliest of the 80's. Tragically I'd lost my only sibling and older Sister around that time. having large family it was one of the biggest Services in the City we'd been told but - Norm and his Family attended. They'd seen the story in their Montreal Canada newspaper and traveled to show the respect. Will never forget them for this, I truly miss having him perform.
wow sorry to hear you lost your siblings but how heartwarming they came to support.

I always thought he was a really good comic but never knew how much respect he got from other comics before he passed away.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
wow sorry to hear you lost your siblings but how heartwarming they came to support.

I always thought he was a really good comic but never knew how much respect he got from other comics before he passed away.
He and Chappelle became very tight, both beginning their Comedy at young ages. And, they both are icons for how Norm stayed upon NBC railroading him to conform and how Chappelle later disassociated himself from the manufactured-image that becomes from stardom. Norm did get the jump from the start, if that's actually something to lay claim to.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
super cool. but his speech mannerisms made it hard for me to listen to... @Gary, is that a regional accent? or just how he speaks? the way he elongates the last syllable just makes me cringe!!! (not that it changes anything to anything... I'm mostly cureeoooowsss)
Every accent here is regional. Accents change every few miles.
Only managed 30secs of your bid but his accent is a posh and camp Central belt of Scotland accent. (Edinburgh is full of 'em)I'd guess derived from the East but it's so fake/contrived it could just as easily be a West end Glasgow accent.

You're probably just slightly subconsciously homophobic. :brows::clapping::popcorn:

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Don't worry. I was only kidding.
It's absolutley fine to find campness annoying without having any issue at all with someone's sexuality

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Out of curiosity I just googled him for you. He's from Dunfermline. 16 miles and a short bridge over a section of sea from where I'm sat right now. But like I said his accent is fake/contrived and pretty far from the natural accent most folk would have growing up either here or there.

Last edited: