Quantcast

...it's a YouTube extravaganza!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
was it down on power that much?
It was a '69 bug with a stock single port motor and lots of issues idling when I first bought it. I got great at heal/toe stops to keep the rpms up. It wasn't until later that I learned it was helpful to keep the rpms in the powerband (when I bought my 240z).

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It was a '69 bug with a stock single port motor and lots of issues idling when I first bought it. I got great at heal/toe stops to keep the rpms up. It wasn't until later that I learned it was helpful to keep the rpms in the powerband (when I bought my 240z).
yeah keeping the RPM's up and in the powerband does help. my buddy had a '69 also. he never heel-toed it though..fun little cars.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
yeah keeping the RPM's up and in the powerband does help. my buddy had a '69 also. he never heel-toed it though..fun little cars.
I wish I still had pictures of my beater. Had some front end damage, so I replaced the hood and left the front fenders off and painted it satain black. Once I redid the motor (went 1641 with dp heads) and put a progressive carb on, it was a fun little bastard. But when I pulled the tank, you could see where the tunnel was split clear through and had been hastily welded together. It didn't hold, so I scrapped it. But the motor went into b-mans and he drove the piss out of his for 3 years.

This is is the only air cooled car I want to build now:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
they look even more fun to drive....and a great sound to boot
Since they went away from the butchered VW pan and have a dedicated chassis, they can be made into real screamers. I'm torn between the classic look and the wide body kit. I like the idea of a sleeper classic build, though.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice filming and dancing.
An art friend of mine posted it today. I spent the last 4 hours watching flex and turf videos. The turf stuff I can grasp, but how the hell do you get your arms to bend the way these dudes from Brooklyn do?