Quantcast

...it's a YouTube extravaganza!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Crank your speakers to 11! Newest video from Luke Huxham featuring a beautiful sounding RAUH Welt-BEGRIFF (RWB) built Porsche 930 @ Tsukuba!
It'd be heresy on that particular car, but the combination of turbo lag and dropping boost pressure during shifts are exactly why modern "equivalents" like the GT-R have DCTs.

My contributions are below. If you're only going to watch one, watch the last one.

(skip to 1:00)

(skip to 2:45)

(skip to 1:20)
:shocked:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It'd be heresy on that particular car, but the combination of turbo lag and dropping boost pressure during shifts are exactly why modern "equivalents" like the GT-R have DCTs.
thats not really why they have dual clutch gearboxes.
smaller, more effecient turbos, better ecu management software or a multi turbo setup or even turbos with variable vanes (like porsche uses) will help negate most turbo lag.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
thats not really why they have dual clutch gearboxes.
smaller, more effecient turbos, better ecu management software or a multi turbo setup or even turbos with variable vanes (like porsche uses) will help negate most turbo lag.
With all those tricks or without them, a turbo car that can shift without losing _any_ boost due to a DCT (and/or antilag) will be quicker.