Quantcast

...it's a YouTube extravaganza!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
wow, all that fancy and unnecessary tubing in that green truck dont mean sh!t since he cant drive at all. it spent more time going sideways then it did going forward
Coefficient of static friction > coefficient of dynamic friction. This concept is apparently lost.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
One of the comments mentioned something about spinning to heat up tires to make them more sticky. Looks like the same guy and it seems he handles the red better than the green.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
that sounds like a lame excuse. this isnt 1/4 mile racing.
Looks like they are going for the moto hill climb technique of momentum and throttle rather than the 4x4 rock crawler technique of max friction and torque.

If you have big enough lugs they will be biting even if you are spinning the wheels.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I didnt know much about Serj Tankians solo work untill a friend told me to check it out yesterday...
Im glad I did.

I respect him as a musicial but I always think of such colaborations as freakshows since if they weren't famous they would never be choosen to do that. The only exception I've seen was Aphex Twin but he himself plays Penderecki so it goes both ways.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I dont think many musicians can pull it off but I hold Tankian really high as a vocalist so I dont see it that much as a freak show.
Sometimes u have to pull someone out of his element to see if his talent still stands, in this case Im definitly conviced.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I dont think many musicians can pull it off but I hold Tankian really high as a vocalist so I dont see it that much as a freak show.
Sometimes u have to pull someone out of his element to see if his talent still stands, in this case Im definitly conviced.
He pulled it off but it wasn't up to the level of normal vocalists who do that kind of stuff. It's a bit like putting Warner on a bike and telling him to ride Champery. He crashed only once, survived but it was hardly a world beating run ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My daughter wanted to hit some downhill runs on her longboard. She's had it about a month and this was her first real go at speed. We ended up doing this run a half dozen times and had a blast. She is way faster on her longbaord than I am on my street skate.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
That sucks to see (being a pitbull owner myself). Ugh.

From the news article, the dog was put into a 10 day quarantine, then was going to be euthanized.

Last edited: