Quantcast

It's April 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just had to file extensions last night. Have not had the time to do anything and this tax season is going to be a real bitch. I am the executor of my mothers estate and have to file for it, I am missing half the information I need. I could be getting back a few grand but I can't do anything until some stupid church I donated a lot of valuable things to gives me their non profit tax number, and they refuse to communicate with my by any means other than snail mail. I haven't even bought stamps in 3 years.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
McGRP01 said:
Thank god I take care of all that tax crap early.
I did my federal back in January, since I got a decent refund. I always end up owing a few bucks to NY though, so I wait until the last possible second to send it :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
ugh - I used turbo tax and i had an error I had to fix, and now I'm on hold with customer service so that I can refile electronically. YOu see I owe, but when I fixed the error I now owe more - Damnit! - but my old charge was authorized by TT and now they won't let me re-efile. Told me to call my cc company to release the old authroization - so I do. They tell me that TT needs to release the old authrorization not the CC company - so i sit and wait on hold. FOCK!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
TreeSaw said:
We did ours already and got a nice federal refund but owed state again.
It seems that that's the way it is with us every year. We received a refund from the feds, but owed money to the state.

Except for 4 years ago. I had cashed out an IRA to help finance the purchase of our house and we got killed on taxes that year. I had to open up an American Express credit card just to pay it. AE because that's the only freakin credit card that the fed's will accept. I've got Visa. I've got MasterCard. Nooooo. It must be American Express :rolleyes:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
N8 said:
HAHAHAHA!!! You actually think the gov is paying you?
:stupid:

I'm pissed when I get a refund. Means those sunsabitches took *WAY* too much money out of every one of my friggin' paychecks, kept it for a *YEAR* on my dime..... then finally said "Oh, yeah. We kept too much - here's your money that we've been using the past year." Fokkers. :mumble:

I'd rather owe, but apparently at this point in my life I'd have to have 8 exemptions or more to even come close. Hmmm....... maybe I'll bump my exemptions up today. :think:

-S.S.-