Quantcast

its been boring around here so....

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
im sick and bored so and its been slow around here so ill post this pic...im sure u guys have all seen the drop but i havent seen this angle so check it out
photo by: cam mcrae
[/IMG]

THATS MY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:MORE PICS BELOW

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
bballboy388 said:
holy crap how high is that?? id even be scared to do that lower one next to it.

the one next to it was sketch too..it was a step up and then you had to step down onto that one

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
here are some more...they are moto pics but are cool anyways

bubba:

old school:

single crown moto..much better than pastranas..my friend and i had been researching building one for a 50 until we saw pastrana beat us to it with that miserable excuse for a fork in the xgames

scrubs

this guy is an idiot

backin it in!!!!!

i like this pic
you think attendence has changed abit at supercross races???

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i'm obvlivious to moto stuff - what is a 'scrub'? how do they get so flat / so low (ie, that bubba shot)? do they actually land that? anybody got a vid clip so i can get a grasp of the dynamics?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The "scrub" is when they lean the bikes over on the takeoffs to decrease time in the air. They also don't jump as far so they won't over clear landings when they're going fast.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
xy9ine said:
i'm obvlivious to moto stuff - what is a 'scrub'? how do they get so flat / so low (ie, that bubba shot)? do they actually land that? anybody got a vid clip so i can get a grasp of the dynamics?
it's called a bubba scrub and yes they land it. Not that Bubba invented it, but he sure took it to a new level. Damn, he's scrappin his foot peg in that first shot.

Anway, they do it so that they can hit jumps at high speed, stay low(low is fast) and not end up over clearing the shiznit out of it or it's used to hit a single into/out of a corner. The idea is to turn up the face of the jump and get the front wheel to almost roll over the lip sideways (hard to explain). It basically makes the bike soak up the jump and you end up flying flat and straight insead of getting popped up into the air.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
dhkid said:
has anyone on a mtb done a srcub? coz it seems like its doable(sp?) would be cool.

decline has been saying how the pros were CTL(Carve the Lip) at crankworx. pretty similiar concept

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
it pretty unnessary on a mtb...you can get over the back and suck up lips that way...on a moto you can only soak up as much room as u have between your butt and the seat on a mtb u can get behind the seat, ending in the same result

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
so can anyone name any of the riders in the last moto photo, and where it was taken and what year. it dates back to when I raced moto "am I that old"

my guess
#75 Jimmy wienart
# 8 marty smith

year 75

place texas superdome

anyone else want to try or know for sure?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...O.K. - 2 questions:

1. What the hell kind of single crown fork does Pastrami :D have on his bike? Looks like they completely ditched the idea of stanchions and went with some kind of C-Dale "Head-Shock" on steriods kind of thing...

2. The guy dirt-jumping on a GiXXer - WHY?:(

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
Nice old skool pic of George Jobe. :heart:

I pretty sure that's that 'infamous jump' at Hawkstone Park (British Grand Prix of 1984).
He was one of the only men to ever manhandle that.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
S.K.C. said:
1. What the hell kind of single crown fork does Pastrami :D have on his bike? Looks like they completely ditched the idea of stanchions and went with some kind of C-Dale "Head-Shock" on steriods kind of thing...

:(
pastranas fork was way different...the one in the pics actually look like it may work...if u dont remember travis tried a barspin backflip in the xgames but the fork ripped off in the air....they fixed it and in nitro circus 3 he pulls one but the fork was garbage and he barley could get it to the jump

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
MOTODH said:
yea
felt bad for rc and cr

i didnt...im sick of seeing rc win.

they showed the Last Man Standing thing yesterday but i missed it...it was a super gnarly off road race...i think it might be on again today..ill post the time if it is....it looked really good and all the guys at thumpertalk were saying its the best telivised motorsports race they have ever seen

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
euro supermoto is on tomarrow starting at 10am followed by Last Man Standing for all u guys that dont work like me!!!!!!!!!!!..check it out it will be sick