Quantcast

Its Clinton's fault...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
that the Republicans can't come up with an orginial way to potentially fight Fitzgerald if he decides to charge someone with the administration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/24/politics/24leak.html?hp&ex=1130212800&en=80f25e613f68ed83&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Republican of Texas, speaking on the NBC news program "Meet the Press,"said she hoped "that if there is going to be an indictment that says something happened, that it is an indictment on a crime and not some perjury technicality where they couldn't indict on the crime and so they go to something just to show that their two years of investigation was not a waste of time and taxpayer dollars."
That sounds oddly familar to me. So when Bush officials do it, its a perjury technicality. When Bill did it, it was the end of western civilization. I guess what Fitzgerald should have done to justify his "waste" of taxpayer dollars was to take twice as long and find something that has nothing to do with the orginial scope of his charge. I guess that would have made more sense.

But funny that unlike Starr and Walsh before him, its one of their own appointees that they have to go after. So right off the bat the partisanship card goes out the window. And unlike Starr and Walsh, who had limited if any prosecution and investigative experience, Fitzgerald is seasoned and very successful prosecutor use to going after government officials.

The saddest thing is that a US Senator somehow thinks pejury is a simple technicality.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
DRB said:
that the Republicans can't come up with an original way to potentially fight Fitzgerald if he decides to charge someone with the administration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/24/politics/24leak.html?hp&ex=1130212800&en=80f25e613f68ed83&ei=5094&partner=homepage

That sounds oddly familiar to me. So when Bush officials do it, its a perjury technicality. When Bill did it, it was the end of western civilization. I guess what Fitzgerald should have done to justify his "waste" of taxpayer dollars was to take twice as long and find something that has nothing to do with the original scope of his charge. I guess that would have made more sense.

But funny that unlike Starr and Walsh before him, its one of their own appointees that they have to go after. So right off the bat the partisanship card goes out the window. And unlike Starr and Walsh, who had limited if any prosecution and investigative experience, Fitzgerald is seasoned and very successful prosecutor use to going after government officials.

The saddest thing is that a US Senator somehow thinks pejury is a simple technicality.

Isn't it just like a democrat to trick the republicans into prosecuting Bill Clinton on some for getting a hummer, just so years later someone with no ties to him at all could investigate a republican for giving away the identity of a CIA agent. Boy those democrats must be smart :D

Here's my favorite quote:

Other people sympathetic to Mr. Rove and Mr. Libby have said that indicting them would amount to criminalizing politics and that Mr. Fitzgerald did not understand how Washington works.

So prosecuting someone for using their position and knowledge of classified information for political purposes is wrong???

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/25/cia.leak.probe.ap/index.html

I thought Cheney didn't know who Wilson was....

Documents in the CIA leak investigation indicate the chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney first heard of the covert CIA officer from Cheney himself, The New York Times reported in Tuesday editions.

The newspaper said notes of a previously undisclosed June 12, 2003, conversation between I. Lewis Libby and Cheney appear to differ from Libby's grand jury testimony that he first heard of Valerie Plame from journalists. The newspaper identified its sources as lawyers who are involved in the case.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
are you telling me that Cheney LIED to us?

impossible. i thought that the republicans were restoring dignity and honor to the whitehouse.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
narlus said:
are you telling me that Cheney LIED to us?

impossible. i thought that the republicans were restoring dignity and honor to the whitehouse.
Lies are the new truth! :D

You need the GWB translation device. "Restoring dignity and honor" is code for "looting the treasuryt and pillaging social security".