Quantcast

its cool

Gobig510

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Monument, Colorado USA
Hey,
thanks everyone for helping me out, but we got it covered as far as finding my bike goes. We still need to find the white super 8 though. We found my bike and everything is taking care of but we are still trying to nail the guy who scammed me. I guess he is tall, about 6ft 4in and skinny. His name is Tristan Stevenson.
Thanks

Gobig510

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Monument, Colorado USA
Hey,
no offense but, I don't need to give any details. My bike was scammed, a guy down there and his friend who live in Virginia helped me by finding my bike, and then bought it from me. It worked great for me, I have my money, so I am happy, but we still need to nail the scammer so that he won't do it to anyone else. I can't put any more details on here or the scammer will know what we are up to. After we catch him and return the bikes he scammed, I'll give all of the info including the names of people who helped me, etc. But, for now I need to keep it on the downlow just so that if he reads this, he won't have a clue what is going to hit him. If you are helping me trying to catch this guy, let me know if you find out any more info.
Thanks

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
there probably not that many many people out there named Tristen, harboring a white Super 8, pulling shenanigans.....so you might as well fill everyone in so you can get broader help. I read your post and I can't really make heads or tails of it

It reads like you were scammed, some monkeys:D found your bike, bought it...but the guy(scammer) is now missing, with a different bike? How did you you get your bike back and not confront the scammer? and Now who is he scamming?

just asking dude.:D

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
this is startin to sound like bs.

what exactly is it you're trying to do ? if any of this is true the guy that suposedly stole your bike commited a crime. if you wanna "nail" the guy, do what i told you to do in an email and in my post on the other thread.

if you just wanna kick someone's ass, buy a plane ticket.

no details ? you posted the guys name ! what more critical detail could you give than that ?

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
yeah i'm all confused now too... Still have my own suspiscions (sp?) but its all getting blurry.... As long as you guys have the upper hand on it that's all that matters though. Please nail this a$$hole real hard.

Christian -

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
"no offense but i dont need to post any details"?

you gave his name in the very first post you put up, as long as what kind of bike was "scammed" from you, and you have your location listed and the location of the "scammer"....

if theyre smart enough to scam you in the first place and they read this they arent gonna be dumb enough to fall for anything, i think

might want to delete the thread if you really care about this shlt

Gobig510

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Monument, Colorado USA
Hey,
all of these posts are just confusing. Just disregard every post except this one. This is just to clear everything up.
I was scammed. Tristan Stevenson decided to trade bikes with me. My super 8 for his karpiel armageddon with a super monster. I sent my bike to his address, but he never sent his bike! He hasn't returned any of my emails. The address that I sent the bike to was 22017 Manning Square Dulles, VA 20166. After this happened I posted a couple of scam ads on pinkbike just to see if anyone knew this guy. One guy copied my ad I had on pinkbike and put the ad on this site for me, thanks. Anyways a guy emailed me and said that his white 2001 super 8 was also scammed by the same guy! I started getting more and more emails saying that they might have seen a karpiel armageddon with a super monster riding around and they might have heard the name Tristan Stevenson around, and so on. I finally got an email that said, "I think my friend just bought your bike." I couldn't believe it. He said that he bought it from a tall guy around 6ft 4in. He said that the bike fit the description and that he wrote a personal check to him to pay for the bike. He checked the name that he wrote the check out to and it was a Tristan Stevenson! He checked with the bank and the bank said that Tristan had't cashed the check yet. So, the guy cancelled the check and then he worked out a price with me. He sent me the money. So now, like I said before, I am happy. I have my money. But, we still need to catch the guy and find the white super 8 or any other bike that Tristan scammed. We have contacted the police down there, but everything is going kind of slow. They don't seem to want to take an immediate action. So what you all can do if you want to help, is look out for a tall skinny guy by the name on Tristan Stevenson, or stop by his address, I don't think anyone has done that yet. If you see a tall skinny guy, contact the cops and maybe have them meet you there? So is everything clear?
Thanks

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by Gobig510
Hey,
all of these posts are just confusing. Just disregard every post except this one. This is just to clear everything up.
I was scammed. Tristan Stevenson decided to trade bikes with me. My super 8 for his karpiel armageddon with a super monster. I sent my bike to his address, but he never sent his bike! He hasn't returned any of my emails. The address that I sent the bike to was 22017 Manning Square Dulles, VA 20166. After this happened I posted a couple of scam ads on pinkbike just to see if anyone knew this guy. One guy copied my ad I had on pinkbike and put the ad on this site for me, thanks. Anyways a guy emailed me and said that his white 2001 super 8 was also scammed by the same guy! I started getting more and more emails saying that they might have seen a karpiel armageddon with a super monster riding around and they might have heard the name Tristan Stevenson around, and so on. I finally got an email that said, "I think my friend just bought your bike." I couldn't believe it. He said that he bought it from a tall guy around 6ft 4in. He said that the bike fit the description and that he wrote a personal check to him to pay for the bike. He checked the name that he wrote the check out to and it was a Tristan Stevenson! He checked with the bank and the bank said that Tristan had't cashed the check yet. So, the guy cancelled the check and then he worked out a price with me. He sent me the money. So now, like I said before, I am happy. I have my money. But, we still need to catch the guy and find the white super 8 or any other bike that Tristan scammed. We have contacted the police down there, but everything is going kind of slow. They don't seem to want to take an immediate action. So what you all can do if you want to help, is look out for a tall skinny guy by the name on Tristan Stevenson, or stop by his address, I don't think anyone has done that yet. If you see a tall skinny guy, contact the cops and maybe have them meet you there? So is everything clear?
Thanks

Yeah.... I ain't calling anybody nor driving anywhere... I'm 5'5 so everyone else around me looks 6'4 to me... :(

Glad you got your bike/money back. Hope you all find him and he goes to jail.

I have this eery sensation though that a few people involved in this whole shayza are the same person. kinda like DrJEkyll and MrRipoff.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I quickly read these posts, especially his last one. Seems legit to me, what do you all think is shady?

What do you think he's doing? Making up a story about his bike being stolen to buy *his* (supposedly not his) bikes really cheap?