Quantcast

It's effing early GMT 》》》》

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Eff the time change and being two hours east of normal and then getting a work text at 615.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Was nice to be at work yesterday but I could still feel the rona in the background when I got home and took a nap and went to bed early. I might go to the gym today and do some light spinning and see how I am feeling.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BRUH. I ran for an hour before sunrise then had a 7:45 appointment with the blood doc to discuss my anemia. Nothing really to report other than more poking and prodding is in my future. And LOL at the lady standing outside the CANCER INSTITUTE smoking a cigarette.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mainly price. Also the fact that we can have wide and long planks. We are doing the Scandinavian look. So a coat of white lye with buffed oil on top.
Cool! Bet that'll look nice. For some reason, the only homes around here that have wide plank pine flooring tend to be the 17/1800s houses, everything after that has some sort of oak. Always wondered why pine fell out of favor.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Cool! Bet that'll look nice. For some reason, the only homes around here that have wide plank pine flooring tend to be the 17/1800s houses, everything after that has some sort of oak. Always wondered why pine fell out of favor.
It's definitely a softer wood. So dogs and kids might damage the floor more easily.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
also, I met up with SS yesterday to hand off some ski bindings and have a beer, and he brought me a jar of delicious green chile, which was generously applied to my eggs this morning. So you know, I got that going for me.
:thumb:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
this
It's definitely a softer wood. So dogs and kids might damage the floor more easily.
we have heart pine downstairs recycled from an old barn in VA; it looks nice but gets torn up really easily. when we redid the upstairs floors last year we went with hickory.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
this

we have heart pine downstairs recycled from an old barn in VA; it looks nice but gets torn up really easily. when we redid the upstairs floors last year we went with hickory.
Makes sense. We had oak in our old house and it took a beating with dog nails. First floor on the new house has oak, and I expect the same fate. We had to replace all flooring on the top floor and decided to go with luxury vinyl plank to resist getting destroyed by the dogs.

@Jozz, your pups have short nails? Or you just accepting that the floors will get thrashed?

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Btw, all you Pisgah monkeys, if you are looking for some new gloves and want to support a good cause, DeFeet and HandUp are donating proceeds from the sale of a special release to cleaning up Wilson Creek. Awesome design IMO.

Screenshot_20220315-105955_Chrome.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Btw, all you Pisgah monkeys, if you are looking for some new gloves and want to support a good cause, DeFeet and HandUp are donating proceeds from the sale of a special release to cleaning up Wilson Creek. Awesome design IMO.

View attachment 173467

that sounds nice but all of the work they're doing up there to "clean up" and make the trails "sustainable" unfortunately means they're redoing all of the trails and flowifying everything, ruining the character of what made it special in the first place. amirite @AngryMetalsmith and @jackalope ?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Makes sense. We had oak in our old house and it took a beating with dog nails. First floor on the new house has oak, and I expect the same fate. We had to replace all flooring on the top floor and decided to go with luxury vinyl plank to resist getting destroyed by the dogs.

@Jozz, your pups have short nails? Or you just accepting that the floors will get thrashed?
dogs > floors. We do not get attached to our floors.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

I work today

but thankfully only this morning.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
that sounds nice but all of the work they're doing up there to "clean up" and make the trails "sustainable" unfortunately means they're redoing all of the trails and flowifying everything, ruining the character of what made it special in the first place. amirite @AngryMetalsmith and @jackalope ?
In NC if you are an old school mountain biker who adores roots and rocks on your trails then you might want to consider hiking. Seriously, trails are turning into buttery smooth bobsled runs through the forest. If I want rocks, then I have to put on the trail runners and not my spd compatible shoes.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I somehow unknowingly dropped my keys under the kitchen table last night. I later spent about 40 minutes looking for them. I was afraid I had left them in my front door and someone had taken them. I though maybe I had flushed them down the toilet. I thought I had started down the path to senility and/or had a stroke.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I somehow unknowingly dropped my keys under the kitchen table last night. I later spent about 40 minutes looking for them. I was afraid I had left them in my front door and someone had taken them. I though maybe I had flushed them down the toilet. I thought I had started down the path to senility and/or had a stroke.
y not both.gif