Quantcast

it's finally done

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
serious business right there! that came in much faster than I thought it would. seems like we were in northfork not that long ago and you weren't sure when this thing was going to be available.

Now get 'er dirty! See you in PA?

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I was reading about some of the changes they made. Apparently they lowered the BB on that thing even lower than the m3. I couldn't image my m3 being any lower without pedals hitting the ground all the time? It's nice they shaved the weight though.

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
I was reading about some of the changes they made. Apparently they lowered the BB on that thing even lower than the m3. I couldn't image my m3 being any lower without pedals hitting the ground all the time?
Yeah they lowered the bottom bracket to 13.75in. thats F-in crazy low considering the sunday everyone thought was crazy low is 13.9
The m3 is 14.75, so yes the m6 could quite possibly destroy some cranks/pedals since it has 9.3in. of travel.
But who cares about cranks and pedals? its an m6! dope.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
as built the bb is just under 13.5 i know a little scary. but i guess i will learn pedal timeing a little better, the cranks are mega exo something or other. i got the frame from fanatik in b'ham which i am pleased to say i will be racing for this year great group of people to deal with. i bought parts from all over the place. fluidride recycled cycles, even greggs

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
cool. yeah the guys from fanatik are really cool, I've ridden with em at a couple Island series last year.
so is the fork an 05 boxxer team? or is it the decals that fool me?

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
It also helps to run shorter cranks. Even with the m3 you have to be conscious of the low BB. It all pays off when you rocket outta the corners though. Nice ride.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Hell yeah man! I was just ribbin you about how much it cost because as I'm sure you know, I was ****ing jealous once it was built. Ever since you left with yours, I've been thinking real hard about just how many extra hours I'd have to work, and just what I'd have to give up to be able to grab one of those instead of my incoming rig.

I won't see you at PA, but let us all know how it rides. BTW, Mark's clear red just came in and it is absolutely stunning.

-Pat